Chapter Fifty Nine: When You Wake Up The World Will Come Around

PS. This is not the last chapter- last chapter is probably in the mid sixties or less, depending on how I write them.
||Cole Wentz|| First Person||

I pull the light blue, denim Fall Out Boy hooded vest over the black t-shirt I have on, adjusting it over my clothes slightly. I turn in the mirror, seeing the professionally done Fall Out Boy patches on the back and the little logo prints in the hood. I turn back to look in the mirror, examining my newly dyed hair. Yes, I went back to orange. I think it looks nice on me.

"Ready?" Patrick knocks on the doorframe to the bathroom in our hotel room. I turn my head to him and smile when he smiles widely at me, his eyes twinkling like they always do when he's happy. I glance back at my appearance in the mirror and frown, biting my bottom lip and sighing when I see myself. My too boring brown eyes, my short hair(even though I put the extensions in and tied it up like a pro because we were going on freaking roller coasters), etc. When Patrick notices the small frown on my face, he sighs and steps past the threshold separating the bathroom from the lounge area. His arms wrap around my waist slowly, his hands clasping together while he rests his chin on my shoulders. He presses a kiss to my neck, trailing them down from below my ear to my shoulder. I can't help but blush and laugh lightly.

"Why are you sad?" Patrick asks me, and I shrug my shoulders.

"I was thinking... Why me? I mean, I'm not drop dead gorgeous like Elisa, and I have more problems than a physics textbook." I sigh, leaning back into Patrick's arms. "I don't know, I guess I'm being stupid right now. I just... I almost got both of us killed. Why would I ever be a good option?"

"Hey," Patrick whispers, turning me around and pulling my body into his. He presses his forehead to my own, smiling softly as he looks right into my eyes. "I'm not going to drill it into your pretty head that you're the most beautiful and the most brilliant girl that I've ever laid eyes on, because in the end, you won't believe it. But I'm going to tell you that Elisa Yao has absolutely nothing on you. I love you, and the same you I'm in love with today is the same you that I loved yesterday, the same you I'll be in love with tomorrow, and the same you that I'll be in love with for the rest of my life." Patrick tells me, the corner of his lips pulling up into a smile. "It was never your fault about what happened. I told you that I would protect you with my life, didn't I? So what I did back then, as stupid as it was, was to protect you. I'm alive, I can sing like no motherfūcker knows, and I'm still with you." I can't help but giggle and press my face into his shoulder. He wraps me up in a bear hug. "Don't be so hard on yourself. You're my Perfect Porcelain, forever and always, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Smile, alright? Chin up, shoulders back," He says, and I lift my head up and stand up straighter. He touches the sides of my mouth with his pointer fingers and guides my mouth into a large grin. "Hastag beYOUtiful, amiright?" When I crack and laugh, he laughs too. "So grab your bag, put on your shoes, and let's make the most of Canada's Wonderland. A day we won't forget, okay?" When I nod my head, he presses his lips to mine, capturing me in a kiss. I smile against his mouth and stumble back into the counter, feeling the polished marble digging into my lower back before he lifts me up and sits me on the counter. I knock his hat off of his head and laugh against his mouth, running my fingers through his insanely soft and fluffy hair. Eventually, we have to break free for air, and he's completely red faced.

"Do we have to go?" I smirk, and Patrick would probably have said no in a heart beat with the way his eyes were darkening and the way his face and ears were flushing ruby red. Of course, if it weren't for the fact that a knock on the hotel room door shook us out of our daze. He looks at me in surprise, biting his red and slightly swollen bottom lip.

"Pete," he sighs, smiling at me quickly before picking up his hat. I quickly readjust his disheveled hair and smooth out his shirt, biting back a laugh at how into it he got. He kisses my forehead before stumbling out of the bathroom, heading for the front door.

"Are you ready for today?" Pete says the second Patrick opens the door. "Do you have it?"

"Yes, yes, shut up, Pete, she's in the bathroom." Patrick hisses, and I barely catch the last part. I raise my eyebrows in surprise. What are they talking about?

"Well, in that case, COOOOOOLEEE! HURRY YOUR LAZY ASS UP, WE HAVE TO GET THERE BY LIKE EIGHT!" I glance at the clock on the wall across the room, well, more like squint because I have shit eyesight. I can barely make out the little hands pointing to 6:30 AM. Ugh.

Final tour date. The concert doesn't start until about eight or so PM, so that's why we have to go early so we can do a soundcheck early in the morning and have the rest of the day to ourselves until like seven something. It's bittersweet, I guess. I'm just going to really miss this tour, as crazy as it was. I'm going to miss the constant moving and the microwave meals and sharing a bunk with Patrick when I can't sleep or when I'm scared. It's going to be so hard to have to go back home and not be constantly running. I'm happy to sleep in my own bed and everything, but it's just weird, you know? Change and everything.

"Be right there," I say, taking one last look in the bathroom mirror. Who do I see? Is this someone I'm proud of? Is this someone I'm disappointed in? I scan my appearance, the way my eyes are sparkling way more than they ever have in weeks. The way my skin looks like it's carrying more of a glow, and the way my mouth seems to be set in a smile no matter what. Is this person- this girl happy? Is she pleased with her life for once?

I almost stagger backwards with the flash behind my eyes, and I can just make out the fourth of July of Senior year. Derek and I were out at this barbecue that one of his friends were having. He was wearing black jeans and Vans, and that stupid blue plaid he loves. I can only see a fragment of that memory buried deep inside of my brain. A firework in his hand, he was laughing and having the time of his life. I see myself for a second there, sitting on the porch, laughing at him being silly. The thought churns my stomach. He was human. He had a heart before, and he was human. But not anymore. That smile on my face was just a figment of my imagination, because I don't think I ever was truly happy with him. And after what he did to me, I could never look back at the fun things and think that he made me happy, because every thought of him is plagued and diseased.

And then another wave is attacking me. It was when we landed in Vancouver, and sick as I was, I can't help but remember that time I stole Patrick's hat. He wrapped his arms around me and picked me off of my feet, the both of us laughing and squealing like little kids. We could make the best moments out of nothing, and if that isn't true happiness, I don't know what is.

So when I take a dizzy step back towards the mirror and stare myself down, I can't help but see a girl who's found where she belongs. Maybe she hasn't found her exact purpose, but for now? I'm content. I'm, dare I say, happy.

So that's why I grab my bag off of my bed and throw the straps over my shoulder, tugging my black Converse on while I hop to the door. Pete grins when he sees me and bounds off happily, heading for the elevators where a few of the others stand waiting. Patrick looks at me and pecks my lips, throwing his arm over my shoulders and guiding me out the door, locking it behind us.

Happy.

One thing I didn't know or didn't quite believe was that I could deserve this high amount, let alone be anymore happier.

-/::\-

Quick update for you guys as I will be busy for the next few days. Lots of love, will reply to the comments on previous chapter soon. Thank you for the support and continue commenting and voting! Let's get this to number one on the fall out boy tag??

-Stay Classy, Young Volcanoes/My Speakers

•LeaveNoWordsUnspoken