Chapter 2

JULIANA THORNE

I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

He splashed dirty street water on me! I hate him. I will always hate him.

"Here, try these on" Caleb says ending my thoughts of how much I hate his brother, giving me some spare clothes he had in his locker.

I groan and stomp into the girls bathroom.

After Jaxon purposely, splashed dirty water from the street on me, I walked to school wet and cold and ugly! My clothes just stuck to me and stunk while my makeup smeared all over.

And my hair...oh don't even get me started!

I try on the clothes Caleb gave me and surprisingly..they fit. Well I don't know why he had girl clothes in his locker buut...they were good.

It was a denim jacket with leggings and a grey sweatshirt. I had to keep my white converse on since I didn't have any other shoes.
I washed my face, clear from any makeup, and I pulled my hair into
a messy bun. And that was hard.

I wear my glasses, I use them in class. I sit at a far seat in the back.

I go back to Caleb near his locker. He was waiting for me patiently. I was now standing in front of him. He was taller then me.

He stared at me, looking me up and down. Then he smiled, showing his cute dimples.

"Looks good, Julie" he says smiling.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah but I wouldn't have had to change if your stupid brother didn't splash dirty water on me!" I say making my point.

He shakes his head wanting to laugh..."It's not funny" I say glaring at him.

He bites his lip. Then he bursts out laughing.

"Ha ha very funny" I say crossing my arms over my chest.

He bites the inside of his cheek from laughing. "Look I'm sorry but..I wish I was there to witness that!" He says chuckling.

"Why do you have girl clothes in your locker anyway?" I say changing the subject.

He stops laughing. "It's yours" he says. I scrunch my eyebrows.

"How? I never gave you any of my clothes" I ask in disbelief.

"I took it outta your closet..just in case my brother tried anything. So, me being your best friend put it in my locker so you will be prepared for anything" he says confident like a super hero.

He really was a super hero.

I smiled at him and hugged him. He didn't hesitate to hug me back. "Thanks Caleb, you are my hero" I say whispering in his ear. I feel him chuckle and hug me tighter.

"Aren't you guys cute" someone scoffed behind me. I let go of Caleb and turn around. It was Jaxon Kings.

"Didn't like my gift this morning?" he asks smirking and looking me up and down. I roll my eyes, feeling the urge to punch him.

"You know that was an asshole move." Caleb says rolling his eyes. Jaxon chuckles.

The bell rings signaling for class. I have chemistry. Ugh.

"Come on Juliet we have Chemistry" Jaxon says grabbing my hand dragging me away from Caleb.

"See you at lunch, Caleb" I shout.

He smiles and waves back. But not before mouthing me a 'sorry'.

Jaxon dragged me all the way to class. His hand in mine. I didn't want my hand in his, so I decided to take my hand away. He didn't let me. He just held on tighter.

"Let go" I demanded glaring at him. He just ignores me and we step inside. Everyone's eyes on us.

I finally got my hand outta his and made my way towards the back but I was not alone.

Yes, not alone. But, it was my crush. Oh jheez.

He sat right next to me. I was surprised since..I always sit alone.

He turned his head towards me and smiled. I instantly smiled back, nervously. "Hey, Juliana" he says.

I felt myself blush. "Hey, Matthew"

I had a crush on him since last year. He has light brown hair and brown eyes. "I know I hardly talk to you..but...I was wondering-" he didn't finish from a loud chair scraping on the floor.

"Keep wondering" Jaxon said. I glared at him for ruining a maybe..date with Matthew.

He walked in between me and Matthew and sat! He sat right in between us and stayed there! I glared at him through the whole class. He knew. He smirked at me.

I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

Oh did I mention? I HATE HIM!

Matthew looked at me a couple times with a nervous expression. But when he did and Jaxon noticed he would give the most coldest, hardest glare at Matthew.

Does he want me to punch him?!

Through the whole class he stayed in between me and my crush. He wouldn't even let us talk! He would instantly interject and start talking about his 'problems'. Like we care.

This is why I hate him.

****************************