Chapter 5

JULIANA THORNE

"Ice cream?" Asked Caleb "Yes!" I shot back excited. He led me to his car and drove off.

"I can't believe he did that." Caleb said liking his vinalla ice cream.

"I know, and I almost got a date with Matthew too!" I said angrily.

I saw something flash in Caleb's eyes...hurt? Nah. But what is it?

"What's wrong Caleb?" I stop liking my ice cream showing worry. He looks away for a few seconds.

"Uh..nothing" he said trying to show a smile.

"I know you too well to not know, if your not okay" I said.

He took a deep breath and finally looked at me. "I just feel bad, that you didn't get that date you've always wanted" he said.

"It's fine. I just have to apologize to Matt, I feel so bad" I said.

He reaches for my hand and squeezes it. "It's okay, he'll understand"

"I don't know, it was pretty bad, Caleb"

"Just explain it to him. Buy him some flowers" he teases. We both laugh

"Very funny, Caleb" I sarcastically said. He chuckled and started liking his vanilla ice cream again.

"Hey, why don't we do a movie night like we used to, it's Friday" He says. I think about it.

But I don't want to see his brother. Or be any where around him. Hopefully he won't disturb us. I love movie nights with Caleb.

"I'll lock my room so Jaxon doesn't come in" he said holding my hand still, I chuckle.

I take a deep breath and exhale it. "Fine" I said. He starts smiling widely and jumps up excitedly.

He's such a kid.

"Let's go" he says and pulls me out the ice cream shop. He starts the engine and drive off.

We arrive at his house and get out the car. I look for Jaxon motorcycle or car..hopefully he's not here. I didn't find it.

We head up to his room. Once we get in he locks the door like he promised and winks at me. I start laughing and hop to his stack of movies.

He always has the best movies.

"Scary?" I ask smiling. He shakes his head, yes. "Good, we were going to watch it anyway" I said and he chuckles.

"We should have gotten snacks at gas station" he said pouting.

"Let's go!" I shout. He jumps up and grabs my hand leaving his room.

Once we get there we run into the gas station shop and grab whatever we like. All that good junk food! We start paying with our crummy cash, stuffed into our pockets. The employee looking googily eyed at Caleb. He winks at her.