Chapter 43

Matthew

She looks so sad. I wish I can hug her, tell her I'm okay and that I dont blame her for anything.

But I cant.

"How are you feeling?" She asks sincerely concerned.

"I'm okay" I said trying to tell her through my eyes that I mean it, because she's here now.

She doesn't see it though.

"I'm so sorry, this happened to you Matthew. I-I didn-" tears start forming in her blue pretty eyes.

I try to step closer but I see Jaxon reach into his pocket. I know what hes reaching for.

He said he'd kill me if I ever got close to Juliana...

That Night-

I grabbed the prettiest flowers I found from the shop on the corner of my street. The old lady who owns this place suggested me them just for Juliette. I was so nervous about our date, I just hoped it would go good with me kissing her at the end.

But none of it happened. Once I rang that doorbell right on the exact time I said I would be there, Jaxon appeared with the most dangerous look in his eyes and a gun in his hand. Fear quickly replaced my happiness and before I can blink he had pulled me by my collar and my head banged against the wall. I can feel blood trickling down, I groaned in pain.

Black dots clouded my vision and I heard screaming. My ears rung. I tried getting up but it's useless, my whole body shot with pain as I got slammed back to the wall hitting my head once again. I couldn't think straight.

"You thought you can ask my girl to a date? MY GIRL!?" Jaxon pressed a gun at my head roughly.

I can feel my head pounding. He swung his fist at my face over and over and over until I spit out blood and felt numb overtake my pain.

The once pretty flowers petals torn and just dead, stomped on. Even had my blood smeared on the floor and walls. I think I even got shot.

Everything was a blur at the time but I have endless nightmares of that night. It was supposed to be a beautiful night but turned into hell.

"Next time you even think about getting close to her. I'll kill you. She's mine dont fucking forget that." He left me on the floor after kicking me in the stomach, my ribs bruised along with my face.

A few minutes later I was thrown out on the street. In the cold and throwing up globs of blood.

I blacked out after that.

"Matthew I'm-"

"Let's go" Jaxon came behind her and grabbed her by the waist.