Chapter 36

JULIANA THORNE

It was 2am and I wish I was sleeping but unfortunately, I had a very bad dream or feeling.

Caleb was staying over in the guest room so I quietly went downstairs to get a glass of water- to pour over my head.

I felt disgusting, I was sweaty and really just creeped out from my nightmare. I made my way to the refrigerator and grabbed a cold water bottle.

Right when I lift the bottle over my head to pour it down, something caught my attention outside.

I crept up to the small window near the faucet and looked outside cautiously. A bright light was shown through my bushes.

A flashlight?

I got the courage to go outside and check for myself. Slowly opening the front door, I went around the side of my house and bent down to the bushes where the light was.

It is a flashlight, a very bright one.

"What? Who the hell are you?" A male voice suddenly said from behind me, making me freeze.

I quickly turned around and jumped up with the flashlight in my hands and scowled at the man.

His face turned into realization and his mouth turned into an 'O' shape. The guy looked down.

"I'm so sorry, um-" he stopped his sentence since it looked like he didn't know what to do and had looked like he'd been caught.

"Who are you and what are you doing at my house at 2am?" I questioned like a goddam cop.

The guy who looked around to be in his early 20's, still hadn't looked up to my face. He looked like a very bulky guy, intimidating.

"Uhm I-I lost my flashlight after my dog went running." He said

"I dont believe you." I narrowed my eyes suspiciously accusing.

"Well you don't have to- can I have my flashlight now?" He snapped

"Whoa chill dude, you are on my property so I should be the one mad!" I snapped back.

He never did look up to my face but I can tell something fishy was going on here. He didn't even sound that mad when he snapped at me a few seconds ago.

"I'm sorry Ms. Thor-" he quickly shut his mouth with his hand and looked up wide eyed at me.

I stared right back with the same expression on my face, shocked.

How does he know my last name?

"D-Do you know me? How do you know my last name?" I asked hesitantly.

I was getting pretty scared, not to lie. A guy twice the size of me knows my last name and was at my house at 2am hiding.

"Please don't tell Mr. KING! He will kill me if he knew I blew my cover and that I spoke to you." He finally looks up and begs me.

Is he scared of Jaxon?

"Please dont tell him!" He begged, the man got on his knees.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" I asked simply

"I take turns with Jaxons other men to watch over you every day and night, secretly" he whispers looking around to see if anyone is hearing our conversation.

"What do you mean Jaxons men?" I asked confusedly

"I'm sorry, I cant tell you anything else but I will warn you..Jaxon is  a very dangerous man and will do anything to make you fully his."

Then he ran off with his flashlight.

After processing his words I went back inside to the warmth.

Someone is always watching over me because Jaxon ordered them to? How did I not notice a huge guy outside of my house?

I need to talk to Jaxon. I cant believe he would do this! Why the hell would he anyway?

I go upstairs ready to go to sleep again but I hear groans from the guest room where Caleb is.

"Caleb are you okay?" I ask, entering the room.

He was awake and faintly smiled at me when I entered. I bent down and put my hand on his forehead.

"I'm fine, only having trouble sleeping." He said

"Do you want me to stay in here until you fall asleep?" I asked

Caleb nodded.

He never closed his eyes or at least tried to go to sleep, he just kept staring at me with a smile on his face. I laughed and shook my head.

"Caleb you have to at least try to go to sl-"

"Juliana, will you be my real girlfriend?"