Chapter 31

JULIANA THORNE

I haven't seen Jaxon in two weeks.

Caleb said he hasnt either. So, no one knows where that devil is. His mom has been worried. She tried calling and texting him.

He hasn't answered once.

Jaxon still has my damn phone. I eventually had to tell my parents i lost it. I cant believe he took my phone and has been missing for two weeks!

Caleb has tried to talk about our kiss but I always turned him down, changed the subject or even pretended I had to be somewhere.

It's not that I didn't like the kiss but, I'm just not ready to ruin our friendship after all these years. I walked downstairs to the delicious smell of pancakes. Not even bothering to change.

"Should we tell her already?"

"Yeah boss called and said we have to make a decision"

I heard the hushed whispers of my parents at the table. I made myself noticeable and looked confused.

"Goodmorning honey" mom said.

"What would you like to tell me?" I crossed my arms, looking back and forth with them.

"We have a business trip" dad sighed.

"Really?! You just came back. Like two weeks ago!" I stomped my foot, childishly.

"We know Julie but that's our job, so we can keep this house and-"

"Yeah, yeah I know but-ugh fine I'll miss you. When?" I asked

"Tomorrow" they said

I opened my mouth to say something but mom cut me off.

"Now go to school, hurry up"

I glared at them but got my cute ass upstairs to get ready. I put on shorts and a cute crop top with black converse and a messy bun.

All the hickeys and bruises Jaxon gave me were all gone finally. So I have been putting my hair up.

°

"This is so boring, I would rather knit sweaters with my grandma then be here" Caleb said

I laughed quietly so the teacher wouldn't know we were talking.

"Do you wanna go to the carnival tonight? I'm so getting cotton candy" Caleb whispered

"Yea!" I said

The bell rung for lunch. Everyone jumped outta their seats and left.

"I have to go to the office but meet you in a few minutes?" I said.

Caleb nodded and ran to get lunch. Me on the other hand had to pay for those books that I supposedly 'ripped' but Jaxon did it.

I finally saved 500 for those damn books...

Suddenly I was pulled into an empty classroom. I prepared to scream but a large hand clamped down on my mouth, not allowing me to.