Chapter 34

《JULIANA THORNE》

It was getting late so the Kings decided it was time to go but I needed my phone back so before Jaxon can leave I grabbed his arm.

"Can I have my phone back" I whispered while everyone said their goodbyes.

He looked down smirking and I noticed I still had my hand on his arm so I quickly let go.

"Sure baby" he smiled looking back up to my eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows suspiciously. Jaxon was acting kind. Ever since he said he wanted to be like his dad or whatever, he had been acting strange.

But in a good way.

His mom looked really pale and I even asked her if she was alright but she just nodded. Caleb seemed confused by everything just like myself.

What was wrong with Jaxon and his mom? Caleb didn't know. I don't know. My parents don't know.

I waited for Jaxon to hand my phone back to me, but he didn't.

"Bye Julie I'll see you tomorrow." Caleb said from behind me and hugged me. I hugged him back and waved bye to him.

I turned back around to yell at Jaxon to give my phone back but he was gone. I frowned and saw him getting on his bike.

Didn't he come here in his moms car?  I thought.

I was about to run to him but he was already gone. I huffed and closed the door going to my room.

"Goodnight honey we left money for you in the office." My dad said.

"Night. Mom, Dad." I hugged and kissed them cause I know they will be gone for their trip when I wake up tomorrow.

"Be safe and if you need anything go to Veronica. You could even stay over there if you want." They said

"I'll be safe." I promised

I was debating if I should stay a few nights at Caleb's house since I'm pretty sure Jaxon wouldn't try anything if his mom was home.

And It would probably be really weird and scary to stay in an empty house. Even though it was my house. I would just be paranoid of every little noise.

And if I stay at the kings residence, I can be with Caleb.

Was I devolving feelings for Caleb?

I shook the thought out of my head and went to sleep.

°°

It was around 3 in the morning when I heard noises in my room. I was scared to actually check what it was so I stayed really still and pretended to be asleep.

Under my covers.

I am freaking out and dont even have the courage to take a peek out of my thick covers. I dont even know if I was breathing.