Chapter 26- Feelings

Caleb just turned 13 when he started feeling..things. He didn't know what kind of things he felt.

Especially around Juliana Thorne.

He started getting nervous and a feeling in his stomach that he just couldn't describe- no not puke.

His mom once told him butterflies.

'How could butterflies fly around in my stomach? That is just stupid.' Caleb thought.

Caleb really needed to tell someone about these feelings..so he told Jax. Jaxon is 15, so of course he'll know this kind of stuff. Caleb didn't want to feel stupid anymore.

Their mom went grocery shopping and told Jaxon to take care of Caleb but he hasn't seen Jaxon all day.

He walked through the empty halls towards Jaxons room. Caleb heard laughter and different voices inside the room. He quietly knocked.

Not receiving an answer, he knocked louder. The voices didn't quite down but someone stumbling came and opened the door.

-

Jax stood up still laughing with his friends as he heard his door being knocked. He stumbled his way to open it, shoving his friends aside.

He was high. Along with his 'friends'.

Jaxon- not really worrying if it was his mom or not- opened the door still grinning and saw a confused Caleb standing there.

He rolled his eyes, annoyed.

"What?" he asked annoyed at his little brother in front of him.

-

Caleb shyly looked down, fidgeting with his shirt. He was always scared of his older brother.

He didn't think Jax was very nice to him. If not he pretended for mom. Caleb didn't know exactly how to ask his brother about his 'problem'.

He looked up, already knowing his brother was getting impatient.

"IthinkIlikejuliana" he rushed out.

Seeing the confusion Jax had, he knew he didn't understand any of that. Jaxs room quieted down but the smoke coming out of it did not.

-

Jaxon was getting tired of Caleb's shit talk so he rolled his eyes and shuffled back into his room.

Caleb stopped him and sighed.

"I think I like Juliana" he smiled

Jaxs eyes got dark and he scowled at his little brother and stomped back outside his room and shut it.

About to give his little brother a lesson, he shoved him. Hard.

Jaxon had already made his decision. Juliana Thorne is his. And Caleb needs to know that.