Chapter 4

JULIANA THORNE

Then...the worst happened. Jaxon

Matthew and I were still hugging when we heard chuckling behind us.

Huh? That better not be who I think it is!

We both let go at the same time. Leaving the warmth and smiles behind. We both look behind us and frown. There stands the Jaxon Kings smirking at us.

"What do you want?" I angrily say.

"Wow, your right that was easy Juliet" he responds back smirking at me. What is he talking about? I look at Matt to also see confusion written on his face looking down.

"What are you talking about Kings?" I roll my eyes. He walks up to me and stands right in front of me and Matt. He looks down at Matt then at me.

"Here's your 10, Juliet" he goes into his pocket and gets out 10 bucks. He grabs my hand and hands me the money. What?!

"Next time..let's not do an easy bet" he says grinning, staring at Matt. "Too easy" he adds. I quickly look at Matt knowing what Jaxon just said. A bet?! No, Matt will think I made a bet with this idiot to go on a date with him!

Matthew's face looked broken, confused, embarrassing feelings. No. "No, Matthew don't listen to him, this wasn't a bet" I said trying to assure him. He wasn't listening..he just looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him whole.

"Matt-" he didn't let me finish.

"-This was all a..bet?" He asked staring at the ground.

"No no no, it wasn't J-"

"-You..played me?" He interrupted, confused.

"What, Did you really think she wanted to go out with you?" Jaxon said chuckling. "Your just a pathetic loser" he mocked then pushed Matthew on the floor.

Oh my gosh.

Now everyone was laughing at Matthew saying 'Loser' or any other names they thought of.

I hate him. Why does he always ruin everything for me?! Matthew didn't do anything to him. This is the worst. I just wanna cry because this is all my fault.

Jaxon looks at me and winks. I couldn't look at everyone making fun of Matthew and I certainly did not want to look at Jaxon. So, I ran and ran to get away from everyone.

I'm in one of the stalls crying my eyes out. I hate him. I hate Jaxon Kings! I have to apologize to Matthew. He didn't deserve that. I have to tell Caleb what happened. I have to stop crying. Kings, doesn't deserve my tears. I quickly wipe my tears with my hands and walk outta the stall.

There was no one in here but me. I go to the sink and wash my face. My eyes were pink and puffy from my ugly tears. I straightened my shirt and walked outta the bathroom.

The halls were filled with people. I looked at my phone, it was already the end of school. I went to my locker and Caleb was waiting for me there. When he saw me he rushed over to me.

"What happened to you?" He worriedly asked. I took a deep angry breath.

"Your brother..that's what happened" I said annoyed.

He released his breath and hugged me. "Sorry" he said.

"It's not your fault, Caleb" I hugged him back.

"Well..he is my brother" he said.

"Doesn't matter and I'm fine" I said and smiled. He smiled back.

"Ice cream?" He said. I immediately smiled.

"Yes!" I said excited. He laughed and guided me outside to his car.

Yes, he has a car and I don't! Not fair.

This is why I love Caleb..he can drive me everywhere I want.

      ////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\