Chapter 8

This is Matthias to the side ^^^

Behave, I have to behave.

I stare at the door that is now closed since his departure.

Behave.

On the bed, I lean on my stomach and put my chin on my hands still staring at the door as I start humming a random song. If I behave, he will be happy.

...

Frowning and glaring at the door, I have to behave? Why am I even obeying when he's not here anymore? Why the hell am I even listening to that man, to begin with? What the hell happened??

Pushing myself off the bed, I put a foot down, ready to jump out of the window if the door is locked. But no matter how I tried I can't even take a step before I am pulled back on the bed. With trembling fingers, I reach for my neck. Even if I can't see it, I can clearly feel the distinct texture of leather. That bastard actually collared me like a dog. Furious, I grip the collar with both my hand and using all my strength to tear it in two. Expecting the ripping sound of the fabric, I start to pull harder when nothing happened. No way, this has never happened before. Why can't I tear it off? Even when I am using my claws, it isn't working. I huff in annoyance as I reluctantly let go of the collar around my neck.

I take a deep breath to calm myself down. It is pointless to fuss and panic for something as small as this. I have to first clear my mind and think logically. For the first time since I have entered this room earlier this evening, I take my time to look around. Since it seems that I will be here for a while, I may at least get myself comfortable. As I am observing the bedroom, my eyes land on the clock that is hanging on the wall. I can't believe that I have been under that bastard control over two hours? This is no good. He has only given a few drops of his blood and I have been reduced to a puddle of lust. If he gives me his blood on a regular basis, I don't know how long I can resist him.

"This is bad," I mutter to myself as I bite my thumbnail.

Nothing has tasted so divinely. It tastes so rich, sweet and fulfilling. Never have I thought that a mate's attraction could be this strong. If only a drop of his blood can make me lose my mind, I can't imagine what will happen if we really do mate. After that, I have heard that the attraction between two mated vampires grows tenfold. Then it will truly be impossible for me to escape from him. I am trapped.

Out of nowhere, a chuckle escaped from my lips. Who will have thought that I, the predator can become the prey so easily. Just because of this mate thing I will become that man's bitch. Unbelievable. I already have suffered because of my ignorance and I promised that I will never commit that mistake ever again. I don't want to live through that pain anymore. Being discarded and forgotten is much more painful than anything I have ever lived.

"There is one thing I have learned about people in all those years... If they do it once, they will do it again," I mumble to convince myself of the mistakes I already did in the past. There is no need to repeat them. Why take the risk of trusting someone only to be deceived in the end. All these words of love and affection are nothing more than a facade. Nothing is worth all the pain.

Once I hear some footsteps coming closer to the room, my eyes trail on the floor before gliding on the wall to see who just came in. As expected it is him. The man that is about to ruin my life. Without a word, he closes the door behind him and in a few steps, he reaches the end of the bed. He sits down before looking at me impassively. We stare at each other without saying a word until he cocks one of his brows up making me frown.

"I will not share a bed with you. Sleep on the floor for all I care," I finally say breaking the silence.

Surprisingly, a sexy chuckle escapes from his lips, "Feisty as ever. That's reassuring. If you become obedient just by a drop of my blood, it will not be as thrilling to tame you. Don't you think so?"