Chapter 29

La Madeline Truffe is one of the most expensive chocolate in the world ^^^

Now that we know the location of the enforcers, we can finally start orchestrating the attack. Yet, it is easier said than done because according to Matthias' informant, the enemy always stays in crowded areas. Which means we can't attack them in broad daylight without causing humans running everywhere and the police may even get involved. If it was only a witness or two, it would be easy to handle, but not when there's like a few hundreds of them. Insects, useless insects that we should just keep inside farms like the pigs and cows. It is because of them that Eva died prematurely. I will never be capable to forgive them.

What is starting to look problematic remain the fact that the enemy's movements seem to get closer to some of Matthias' covens. How did they discover them, we have no ideas, but for now, no one died yet. However, we can't let things as they are. We may gain an advantage with a surprise attack. This is why we have to attack before they do.

After a few days, we finally have one solid plan ready. Of course, nothing always goes as planned, this is why we have three backup plans ready just in case. We all have a part to play for the success of the mission. Evidently, I have been assigned to the B team which responsibility is to take care of the apprentice. I am teamed up with Katie and Michael. It isn't like I did not want to be with my mate, but I don't want to have a repeat of that night. This is why we both decided to get on different teams. Not without a fight of course. Nikolas wasn't happy about my idea at first. Why wouldn't he? I know that he wants to prove that he can protect me by being on the same team, but this isn't what we need right now. We have to be rational at all moments. We can't get blinded by our emotions.

As I get out of the modern bathroom with a towel around my waist, I walk into the closet to get properly clothed. I warm shower is what I needed right now. All my muscles are relaxed, and I feel refreshed. When I am all dressed, I hear someone knock on the door. I go to open it and see Katie on the other side.

She smiles at me before saying, "May I come in?"

"Of course," I answer as I step aside. I follow her before sitting down next to her. "What brings you here today?"

"This," she takes out a box before uncovering it. The distinctive smell of chocolate reaches my nose causing me to salivate. "I ordered these before the attack and they were finally delivered. They are La Madeline Truffe."

"Aren't these super expensive?!" I gasp as she naturally gives me one delicate dark chocolate truffle. I read in some article these are only made to order and use multiple ingredients like truffle oil, sugar and heavy cream to create the perfect chocolate. One of this candy sells around two to three hundred dollars! And Katie has a box of thirty...

"They were, but I had to try it after I read a review on the Internet," she exclaims excitedly. "Anything for good food right?" she pops one into her mouth before moaning.

Observing her reaction to the little goodies, how can I resist trying it for myself? I push the confection past my lips and my taste buds are going crazy. The rich and slightly bitter flavour of the truffle is out of this world. This is the most delicious chocolate I ever ate!

"Wow, it's indeed delicious!" I mention surprisedly after devouring it.

"This is the best I have ever had so far," Nikolas' sister nods before offering me another.

I gladly take another one as someone enters the bedroom. I turn around to identify who it is and smile gently when I see him. My mate comes to tenderly kiss me on my cheek before taking a seat next to me.

"What are you two eating?" he asks curiously as I eat my second piece of candy.

"Brother, you may not like it since you dislike bitter food," Katie teases as she shows the box of goodies before chewing another one with a moan.