Chapter 43

DANIEL'S POV

At first, I did not pay attention to any of the noises in the garden. It is normal to have so many noises since most of my warriors train there. So, when I heard Claudia call Micah's name, I simply brushed it off. I clearly told her that I did not like to see her with that vampire, but she doesn't listen to me. It has always been like that. Fortunately, she isn't stupid. She won't do anything that will cross the line.

It is only when I hear several frantic shouts and suspicious sounds that I hurried to the patio to see what is happening. If those vampires are the source of the problem, I will kick them out here and now. I don't care about the alliance anymore. It isn't like they wish it too. Nothing good comes out when we associate with them.

Finally reaching the door leading to the garden, I hear Claudia shouting for help before a crashing sound resonated. I couldn't move at first. I could only watch as my brain slowly assesses what is actually happening. The first thing I see is Micah laying on the floor unmoving. Next, I perceive Claudia fighting against a woman and a man I never saw before. She seems to desperately protect Micah from them. As my warriors ran to her rescue, only the male human left to fight the pack of angry werewolves coming at them.

"What's happening?" Nikolas' mother shouted annoyingly as she walked her way toward me. Her family is following right behind her.

Another crashing sound attracted my attention to the fighting scene. Blood. Blood is everywhere. It's coming from Claudia. My sister has been severely injured by that woman. Why isn't she healing? Why a mere human can win against a werewolf so easily? This is not normal. No one touches a member of my pack without consequences!

I clench my fist as I growl furiously. Without waiting for another second, I sprint toward them. I know that I have started to shift, so I can aim for that woman's throat. But I can't. I need to stay in my human form. I need to protect my pack and keep my sanity.

"Let her go!" I roared when I get close enough to them.

"You must be the Alpha," she smirks before throwing Claudia on top of Micah's body. "What an honour. If I kill you, the rest will be an easy job."

She rapidly takes out her daggers before rushing in my direction. I assume a fighting stance ready to fight her. It'll be easy. They are only two. We will defeat them and make them regret attacking my pack.

Just before I am able to grab her, she throws something in my face. I shout in pain as I use my arms to rub the substance away. It's burning my eyes! I can't open them either. But I don't need to be able to see her to hit her. Don't fucking underestimate me! I use my sense of smell to pinpoint her location. I succeed to pinpoint her location, but before I can do anything, I can feel one of her daggers on my neck. Fortunately, I shift, and a thick fur protects my neck. No metallic weapon will be able to break my skin.

"Damn mutt," she clicks her tongue before punching me in the muzzle making me yelp and shake my head.

Then, her scent disappears along with Claudia and Nikolas'. Where did they go? I shift back to my human form before returning to the house by memory. I splash some water in my face to wash the substance away. After a few minutes, I can finally see again.

Rushing back outside to the yard, I notice that both enforcers left and so are my sister and Micah. There are a few of my men injured, but at least no one is dead.

I angrily growl before walking toward Matthias. He is slightly injured, but I can't care less. It is because of them that we are now more involved than ever. If they agreed to the alliance, Claudia would still be here and wouldn't die of blood loss!