Chapter 14

"What are you talking about?" Eva's voice breaks into despair.

"Just what I said," I say softly in defeat through my phone.

"I don't believe you..." she answers with a whimper.

"Then don't, but I think... Everyone ought to know the truth. But I also want to tell you that... I will be mating someone soon..."

"What?" she asks in disbelief.

"For that, I have to break my bond with Elizabeth which means... With you guys too..."

"Micah, I-I... " she stutters surely trying to compose her emotions. Eva has always been rational and calm. So for her to lose her words is quite surprising.

"I'm sorry. I will try to contact you as much as I can," I say slowly trying to swallow my tears. It is because of my bond with Elizabeth that I can feel everyone through our link. This way, I can be in the illusion of never being alone. "I will call you another time."

I end the call before Eva can say something else. I don't think that I can handle it. Learning the truth about us is already harsh enough. All those times when we had looked for Elizabeth was a waste of time. Never did she held us close to her heart. We are only objects to her. She is a Pure, she was given everything she wanted. How can she understand our suffering? Every single one of them is selfish. They only think about themselves. Even my parents, they only cared about how the church and the Lord saw them. So how can I know that Nikolas won't be any different?

I am back in Nikolas' bedroom, but for once, I am not chained to the wall nor am I being denied access to the rest of the mansion. Somehow, Nikolas is convinced that I won't escape before the duel between Elizabeth and him. And he is right. If I did not want them to fight, he would already have broken the bond, but she can't get out of it like that. She needs to suffer as much as we did. I just hope that Nikolas will win since between the two Pures, he is the less detestable.

Since I am the prize, both of them are not allowed to see me and thus I kind of have been confined into this damn bedroom again. Apparently, only Matthias can come to see me. Even if it burns my tongue every time I think about it, but Nikolas got the good genes. I will never admit it to him though.

"How is our princess doing?" Matthias greats me with an annoying smile and his perfect white set of teeth.

"She is thirsty, so go get some fresh water from the Alps. You have five minutes," I answer without looking at him.

"Even if my jet had some vampire powers, I wouldn't be able to get that in five minutes. So if your highness would like some of our refreshing water from our local market instead?"

I sigh dramatically before answering, "Then you should hurry. What if I die of dehydration because you took too long?"

"Fine, I will send someone to get it," he grumbles before the room becomes silent for a minute or two. "Now, is your highness also hungry? Or should I feed it to the cat?"

I finally look at the man who's still by the door, "Nikolas has a cat?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah, didn't he tell you?"

"Fine, I will come to eat, but the cat has to be here," I answer as I get on my feet.

I hear Matthias say something, but I do not pay attention to it. Instead, I wait for him to guide me to the dining room. When we get there, Nikolas is already seated with untouched food in front of him. He must have heard us arrive because he stands up before pulling the chair out for me to sit. Without acknowledging him, I sit down and cross my arm. Wasn't he not allowed to see me?Before I can say anything, I hear a meowing sound. I perk up and see a magnificent white and gray Persian cat walking in like she owns the place. I fight my urges to jump on her. Damn, she is the queen of the house that is for sure. The way she looks at everyone, it's like she is seeing right through us.