Chapter 13

Being back at the house and secluded into the bedroom sure is boring. I am so bored that I have no energy at all. Even this morning, when Nikolas has forced me into wearing his shirt and only his shirt, I did not even put in a fight. If I stay any longer locked into this room, I think I may as well fuse with the bed. All I do is eat and sleep. I did do some exercising, but since I can't go out as often as I would like, I can't find myself to do it anymore. I think I may have become fat. Even the bed doesn't look as big as the first day.

"I want to get out of here," I mumble to myself knowing that no one can hear me.

"I didn't think that I am so boring," someone states making me lift my head up from the mattress.

"Oh, it's the brother..." I sigh before taking back my initial position.

"Hey, that's mean. I have my own name you know," Matthias whines loudly making my head throb.

Since Nikolas is so busy these days, I hardly see him, thus I am used to the silence. Even the housekeeper is a ghost. When I am not looking and it is lunch or dinner time, food magically appears on the table. I can't get blood from someone that I can't see. I hate Nikolas, he always makes my plans fail. Just thinking about that man makes my heart hurt even more.

"What do you want," I groan after pulling the pillow over my head.

"First, I will want you to put some more clothes on. I don't want Nikolas to walk in and go ape on me because I saw you half-naked," the older vampire complains making me roll my eyes even if he can't see it. "The second news is, Nikolas has asked me to come to fetch you."

I perk up at those words with wide eyes as the man starts to laugh. If that was a joke, I swear that he won't have to worry that Nikolas will go ape on him, because I will.

"You're not joking?" I ask while trying to hide my excitement.

"No, so go dress up," he answers as he lifts his arm slightly to glance at his watch.

Smiling, I jump off the bed to walk into the walk-in dresser. Since I am confined to this room, Nikolas asked for the housekeeper to move all my clothes from my luggage to this dressing room. I am quite surprised that all my things fit here since if it has been me, I would have had to expand the closet. No one can ever have enough clothes.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask when I realize that I don't know how should I dress up.

"It doesn't matter," he mumbles while furiously typing on his laptop.

I shrug and go simple. I will go with a white T-shirt and a black leather jacket and a pair of ripped jeans. For the shoes, I am wearing the combat boots again since they are really comfortable. I go into the bathroom to do my business and freshen myself since I surely look like a zombie. First appearances are everything. Who knows, I may meet someone new today. A person powerful enough to take me out from this deep shit. As if this will happen.

"Are you ready? It has almost been an hour that I'm waiting," Matthias grumbles as he steps into the bathroom. When he sees me, he adds, "You're worse than Katie." 

"You're grumpy today," I smile as I tilt my head forward, so he can get the chain and collar off. I don't know how since I thought only Nikolas can unlock it.

Once the collar is taken away from my neck, I walk toward the door. Once Matthias opens it, I run toward the balcony ready to jump down. I am expecting the man to do something, but when I land in front of the front door I get quite surprised. Getting up on my feet, I look up to the balcony and see nothing, but when I turn around, I see Matthias scowling just in front of me, nearly scaring me to death.