Chapter 35

The Silverback pack is huge. Deep inside the pack territory, there are hundreds of wood houses protecting the larger one in the center. Apparently, every family has their own house while the Alpha's family share the larger one in the center. Even then, everyone has access to the mansion.

This place seems so eerie. Children are running everyone in both forms while the adults are either training, completing chores or talking to each other. How can they be so at ease when the enforcers are so close? Didn't Daniel tell them about it? Talking about that man, I came to the conclusion that he is a bigger pain in the ass than Matthias.

I was forbidden to roam around too much, but who cares what that man says. I unlock the window in my room before jumping out. I silently land on my feet as the werewolves around me stop doing whatever they were doing before staring at me. I ignore them and start to walk around. Slowly, everyone starts working again, but I can feel that they are still wary of me. I can't really blame them. Nikolas told me that they didn't like visitors from other species since things can be very tense already with other surrounding packs and rogues.

I wander around the pack while observing what werewolves do on a daily basis. I have to say that we, vampires, may seem lazier than them since they train so much. It may be just me, but unlike them, our race doesn't need to work out. Our speed and strength are natural to us and even if we train, we only learn how to control it. We do not actually improve. This is why the Pures are so feared. A young vampire like me can be beaten by a newborn if his blood is good enough.

Well, I have heard that werewolves have a strict hierarchy, but even an omega can climb up the ladder as long as he trains long enough. It may take more time than others, but he will get there someday. I wonder how they know who falls where in the hierarchy? Is the title of alpha given by birth if the child happens to be the son of the alpha? Do the colour of their fur matters? Some are obviously bigger and stronger than others, but they aren't as agile and as fast as the smaller one.

"Hey! Are you going to stand there all day?" a man shouts at me with a hard look from the other side of the yard.

I stare at the man for a moment before turning around to present my back to him and walk away.

"Who told you to leave?" the same man growls as he bares his teeth to me after roughly grabbing my shoulder.

I slap the man's hand away from me before wiping all his sweat away. "Don't touch me. You're disgusting."

"Bastard, what did you say?"

"I said you're dirty. Don't touch me so carelessly, dog," I answer back as he growls louder when I added the last word.

"You're looking for a fight aren't you?"

"Not really, but even if I was you'll stand no chance against me," I shrug as I notice how all the men who were training stopped to watch us.

The werewolf in front of me clenches his fists before trying to land a blow on my face. Naturally, I easily dodge it. I forgot to mention that since we are able to move so fast that when we are fighting against ordinary people or werewolves, everything seems to be moving at a slower pace.

"Is that all you can do?" I taunt the man as he roars before coming at me with more vigour than ever.

"Is dodging all you can do?" he mimics my voice as I roll my eyes while avoiding another one of his punches by jumping a few steps away.

"If you won't go cry to your alpha after I give you a good beating maybe I will," I smirk while stepping to the right before using one of my feet to make the man stumble and fall on the ground.