Chapter 45

As we get back on the pack's territory, Daniel immediately takes Claudia from me. He carefully takes her body into his arms before calling her name multiple times. But when she doesn't answer or even move a muscle, Daniel glares fiercely at me.

"What have you done?!" he growls after barking at someone to call the doctor.

"I didn't do anything," I snap at him before Nikolas tosses the female enforcer's body on the ground. "She did."

The Alpha eyed the unmoving body on the ground with hatred. I guess anger is clouding all his senses. He can't even see that she is dead now. Once the pack healers arrive, Daniel orders them to heal her. I also explained that she lost a lot of blood and may potentially have internal bleeding.

Once the healers carried Claudia away, Daniel doesn't waste any time to grab the enforcer's body before strongly punch her in the face. I clearly hear her nose break, but no cry of pain can be heard.

Once Daniel punches her a few more times, I wait a few seconds before saying, "She's already dead."

"No shit," the Alpha answers as he watches his knuckles heal.

At the same time, Nikolas' parents arrive next to us observing the scene in front of them. As Alice eyed Daniel by the corner of her eyes, she shakes her head in disapproval.

With a smile, she looks at me before hugging me tightly. "Micah, I'm so glad that you're good and well. I see that you had helped to bring the Alpha's sister back to safety," she says while giving a severe look at her children. "And what do we have here?"

"It's the female enforcer's body. I thought we could use it in our advantage?" I propose as my mother-in-law seems deep in thoughts.

"Indeed, we can finally work something out," she states satisfied before a man I have never seen before comes to take the body away. "Keep it refrigerated. It can't start to decay, understood?"

"Yes, ma'am," the man answers politely before swiftly walking away with the corpse.

Without a word, Daniel walks back to the pack house. The air around him is all tense and thick with anxiety. Even if he tries to hide it, he is obviously worried about his sister. I glance at Katie and notice that she is biting her lips while watching Daniel's back. I guess he isn't the only one.

"Why don't you go with him?" I ask my sister-in-law as she looks at me with a frown.

"Why should I?"

"Really?" I raise an eyebrow while looking at her in disbelief.

When she sees the look, I am giving her. She grabs my arm before pulling me away from her parents and older brother.

"You can't tell anyone about it!" she whispers loudly while nervously looking around.

"Why? Aren't you mates? Why don't you tell her?"

"It isn't that simple," she bites her lip while wrapping her arms around her own body.

"Is it because she's a werewolf? You know, she may be the only werewolf that is decent in this pack. I'm so glad that you didn't end up with someone like Daniel," I scoff while rolling my eyes.

"Micah, this isn't a joke," she scolds as she stares at her mother.

I see. Her mom dislikes werewolves or any animal in general and as for Matthias, it's even worse. I suppose she is right to be worried. But Claudia isn't like the other werewolves. She is different but in a good way. The only downside to this whole affair is Daniel. He will also be part of the family, and I can already hear Matthias and him arguing about everything and anything.