Chapter 40

There's one day left before we have to submit our answer to Daniel and after the meeting from yesterday, nothing happened. No one seems to be in a hurry to decide if we should actually accept the proposal or not. Nikolas' parents and Matthias refuse to leave their room after thoroughly cleaning everything inside.

As for Katie, she spends most of her time talking to Claudia while roaming around the pack land. They seem to be going along very well. I have overheard them talking once earlier in the afternoon and they were talking about fashion, food and the outside world. It really looks like Claudia desperately wants to travel around the world, but Daniel won't allow her. I wouldn't be able to live like that. Having someone boss me around while telling me what I can or can't do? I tried it once with Elizabeth and look what happened. Because of her, Eva suffered and died. If she ever crosses my path, I will make sure to make her regret of being born.

While everyone is trying to do something of their lives, Nikolas and I are still laying in bed. In fact, my mate doesn't want me to leave him here, and he doesn't want to see and be near any werewolves. Therefore, he is sticking to me and is now playing with my hair.

"When did you learn how to block your mind?" he suddenly asks out of blue.

"Katie taught me," I simply answered before yawning. I never thought that doing nothing could be so tiring.

"What? When?" he asks as his both eyebrows raise up in surprise.

"After the covens incident and because I am tired of you not teaching me," I mumble as I snuggle into his arms. So warm, sleeping with him in the same bed is always warmer.

"I really liked the cute little thoughts you have when you think I am asleep."

"You should say something if you were awake," I mumbled before forcing him away from me. "Have you ever heard of privacy?!"

"Don't guard your mind when we are alone," he whined as he pulled me back into his arms.

"No," I instantly answered without any hesitation.

"Why?"

"Why, you ask?" I grumble as I push my mate away, so he is laying on his back as I straddle him. "Because I never know what you're thinking too."

My mate stares at me without mentioning anything for a while before bursting into a fit of laughers. I can feel my ears and face getting warmer as I pout.

"What's so funny?" I groan as I frown at the man. Sometimes, I can't understand him.

He beams at me before grasping the back of my neck. I let him pull my upper body down, so our lips can touch each other. His lips are so soft. I part my lips when I feel his tongue lick them. He kissed me gently, carefully, but it isn't gentleness I wanted. So as if we aren't already close enough, I grab his shirt and pull him even closer. My mate sets both his hands on my waist as he starts to kiss me more forcefully. I moan when he nibbles on my tongue and thrusts up his waist up.

"Ahh, I want to do it now," Nikolas groans in sexual frustration after he breaks the kiss.

"I hope you don't plan to stop here," I huff as I grind on his clothed lap. When I hear him hiss, I slowly lick my lips as I roam my hands on his naked chest. "You won't let me hanging, will you?"

"Since you asked for it," he shrugs as he flips us around, so he is now positioned on top.

I grin at my mate as we both help each other to undress the thin pieces of clothing we have on our shoulders. Things are starting to get heated when someone pounded on the door. I sighed loudly as my mate groaned in frustration. Every time we try to have sex, someone interrupts us. This is frustrating.