Chapter 12

It has been a week since Nikolas and I had our deal, but with his busy schedule, he apparently couldn't free himself from his duties. However, he has booked this entire day so he can babysit me while we go shopping. Currently, I am looking through my luggage to find the outfit that fits my mood. It has been forever since I last went to a shopping mall or outside in general, so for me being excited is an understatement.

During my free time, I have thought of a way to take my revenge on him. If at any moment of the shopping day, Nikolas offers to pay me anything, I will drain his bank account dry. I don't know how many millions or billions he is worth, but I do intend to make his wallet much lighter by the end of the day. Maybe then he will realize that I am too expensive to keep around and let me go. That is why I have made some preparations. In every shop that we will go, I have at least a few pieces that I wouldn't usually buy since it's too expensive. Even the food isn't left behind. Nikolas, I hope you're prepared because I am.

For today, I am going to wear something a little more casual. I have chosen a dark blue shirt with three golden roses printed on my shoulder and my left arm and a pair of black pants with a light brown belt. For the accessories, I will wear a leather watch on my right hand and a silver chain on the other. For the shoes, I will go with my combat leather boots. I go check myself in front of the mirror to see what I look like. Perfect, now I just need to do my hair and I will be good.

"Micah, are you ready?" Nikolas asks as he walks into the bathroom when I put the final touches to my hair.

"Yeah, I just finished," I answer as I put my hairbrush down.

When I turn around to look at the man, I notice that he is in his usual clothing which is basically a suit. Well, he does look good as always, but I won't say it to him directly. It will only inflate his ego and he would surely take it as an invitation to mate.

"By the way, Katie will be here too," he sighs in disappointment. "I don't know what kind of magic you used, but she seems to have taken a liking to you."

"Well of course, just look at me," I simply answer before adding, "She is beautiful and graceful. Everything about her is perfect."

If only Katie was my mate, everything would have been perfect. Well, it's not like Nikolas loses against his sister in terms of appearances. He is handsome and all, but somehow I can't seem to mate him. Is it because he is a man?

"That's because you don't know her like I do. Listen, what my sister likes the most is being desired and, to be honest, you fell right into it. So there are no surprises she likes you," he explains making me roll my eyes.

"Every woman wants to be desired, so it's not really a surprise."

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you."

Once we are back in the bedroom, Nikolas asks me to tilt my head forward. This time, I immediately obey him and listen to him play with the chain before both the collar and the chain fell to the ground. Slowly I lift my hand to my neck and it is hard to believe that they are actually gone. I wait until the vampire in front of me takes a step back before looking up in front of me.

"We are going out and don't even think of escaping. You won't succeed," he says with a confident smile.

I wasn't planning on it, but I will like to see how he plans to make me obey him. He can always use his scent to force me into submission, but it will not look really good on his public image since a lot of eyewitnesses will be there. Unless he has rented the whole shopping mall which is improbable. Other than that, he could always have other vampires watch every single one of my movements. Yet again, I am going shopping with two Pures, I doubt I will be able to get away from their watchful eyes.