Dick Grayson x sick!reader

"Why is life so hard?"

You closed your eyes tightly as you swallowed, the pain in your throat momentarily worsening. You sighed and sniffed a little, knowing that breathing out your nose was nearly impossible. You rubbed your head in an attempt to relieve your pounding headache, but it was useless.

That's right, you were sick. You were currently laying on the sofa in your apartment, surrounded by crumpled tissues and pillows. It was late evening now and you had been on the sofa all day, only getting up to get a drink and to throw up in the bathroom.

You barely even noticed that Dick had entered the apartment until you heard his voice, which sounded near deafening. "Babe, I'm home!" He called happily. You simply moaned in response and closed your eyes again.

You heard Dick drop his bag in the hallway and walk over to you. When you opened your eyes Dick was sat in the floor next to the sofa, looking at you with concerned eyes.

"Still sick?" He asked quietly, brushing the sweaty hair off your forehead and placed his hand on your forehead, drawing it back when he felt the warmth it radiates.

You nodded sadly and sniffed again. Dick frowned. He hated seeing you upset and not be able to do anything about it.
"Have you eaten?" He asked gently.
You shook your head.
"Do you want anything?"
"Soup would be great." You croaked out, forcing a small smile.

Dick smiled in return and kissed the back of your hand. You heard shuffling around in the kitchen as Dick made you some soup. He then went to the bedroom and grabbed a blanket, spreading it over your legs and kissing your forehead before he grabbed your soup and set it down in front of you.

He sat down on the floor again and watched you until you finished, when he then took your bowl and quickly washed it in the sink before returning to you.

"Come on. Let's get you to bed." He said as he carefully scooped you up in his arms, carrying you to your bedroom.
"Stop, you'll get sick." You whined, placing your hand in his chest, trying to push him away.
"I don't care. I only care about my princess." He said as he lay you down in bed, tucking you in and sitting on the side of the bed.

He kissed your forehead once more.

"Thank you Dick. I love you."
"I love you too princess. Sleep well."

I've was super ill before Christmas ya girl needed Dick to come and make her feel better

James✌🏻