Bruce Wayne x reader

You sighed and rolled over in bed, pulling the blankets up to your chin. You glanced over at the clock next to your bed, to see that it was 2:47.

Ugh. Why did I have to wake up at 3 in the morning?

You rolled over again and tried to close your eyes and get some sleep. Suddenly, you then realised the sudden emptiness in the bed. You sat up and patted the other half of the bed, just to confirm that Bruce wasn't lying beside you like normal.

You furrowed your brows, looking around the room until you noticed the glass sliding door that lead to your balcony was open, the curtains gently flapping in the breeze.

You got out of bed, goosebumps covering your skin as you stood in the doorway.

Bruce was standing on the balcony, shirtless in grey sweatpants, leaning on the railing and looking out of Gotham.

"I didn't wake you did I?" He asked, his back still facing you.

You did, for a second, wonder how on earth he heard you. But then you remembered, he is batman.

"Not at all." You said quietly, walking next to him and also leaning over the railing, the gently wind flowing through your hair.

Bruce sighed heavily as he stared out over the city.

"Why are you awake?" You asked, not looking at him.
"It's nothing honey. Go back to sleep." He said.
"It's not nothing. Please tell me. You look so tired lately."
"Ok fine. It was a... a bad dream."

You looped your arm in his and laid your head on his shoulder.
"Go on."
"Are you sure you want to know? I don't want to worry you. It's not nice."
"Come on. I'm fine. Spit it out."

Bruce sighed again and closed his eyes.

"It was you and I. Well, I was out doing... you know. Well I got back and you weren't there, there was just a note.  Someone had... taken you. While I was out. And when I found you you were dying. I was too late and- you..."

You stood quietly as he trailed off.

"I can't lose you Y/n. I just can't."

You looked up to see a tear roll down the side of Bruce's face. "Come here."

He pulled you close to him and squeezed you tightly. You felt a few tears fall onto your shoulder as his body shook.

"Oh Bruce, it was only a dream. I'm not going anywhere, I promise you. I have you, Alfred, the boys, hell even superman to watch my back. I'm here, I love you."

He pulled back and you wiped his tears with your thumb. You smiled at him and he gave you a forced smile in return.

"I'm so lucky to have you Y/n. I promise I will go to the ends of the earth to keep you safe. I promise you that."

"It's late. Let's go to bed" you said as Bruce slid his arm around your waist as you walked inside the bedroom before jumping back into bed.

Bruce lay down as you lay on top of him, your back pressed to his chest. He inhaled the scent of your hair as he played with your fingers.

"Night Y/n. I love you. So much."

"Sleep well Bruce. I love you too."

How was your holidays?

James✌🏻