4

Flashback:

Flashback:

In Coach Finstock's office, Lydia was sitting on Coach's desk as Veronica stood in between her legs, kissing down her neck. Veronica's hands were gripped onto Lydia's waist.

Lydia let out a small moan as Veronica began to kiss more and more down her body, "Can you tell me why your brother, Aiden, is also trying to get with me also?" Lydia asked and Veronica shrugged, continuing to kiss the girl.

  Lydia sighed out, pulling Veronica's face to meet her own, "Is this some sick game to the two of you?"

Veronica frowned, shaking her head in response, "What, no! Of course not," Veronica quickly denied it.

  She internally groaned, knowing the Aiden was purposefully ruining her chances with Lydia. He knew that Veronica wasn't just doing this to get closer to Scott for Deucalion.

"Whatever, forget I asked," Lydia told her, sending the girl a small smile, pressing a kiss to Veronica's lips.

________

Present:

After fighting Derek Hale and his pack, Ennis, a member of the Alpha Pack was severely injured, leaving the pack having no other choice than to go see Alan Deaton.

Kali and Aiden held Ennis up as Veronica stood beside them alongside Miss Morrell, Deucalion's Emissary. They all walked into Beacon Hills Animal Clinic, "It's open!" Deaton shouted out to them from his place inside the clinic.

Once getting no answer, he walked up to the front to find the majority of the Alpha Pack standing before him. His own sister stood in front of him with her arms crossed, "We could use a little help," Miss Morrell told Deaton in a calm tone.

"Try the hospital," Deaton replied.

"Open the gate, Alan." She insisted in a pleading tone.

"No," He argued.

Veronica groaned, rolling her eyes as she watched over to Morrell with her claws out, "Help us now," She demanded as moved some of Morrell's hair to the side before gripping onto her neck, "Or maybe I'll just rip her throat out instead."

"Sounds like a perfect idea," Kali agreed with the girl from her spot beside Aiden and an injured Ennis.

"Not here you won't, Veronica," Deaton replied, showing no fear towards the teenage alpha. Veronica seemed a bit shocked by his response, causing her red glowing eyes to revert back to its usual dark brown color, "I suggest you leave. Don't make me insist."

Morrell sighed, staring at her brother directly in the eyes, "Alan," She spoke up, "If he dies, they'll go after the others. And don't think your little protege, Scott, won't find his way into the middle of it. They'll kill him, you know they will. Alan, please." She pleaded.

After a long moment of silence, Deaton opened the gate, letting werewolves enter.

______

Only a moment later, Deaton had Ennis placed on the examination table as he began to tend to his wounds. He used surgical scissors to open up his shirt so he could see the wounds more clearly, "Can someone please turn the sign on the door to close? This could take a while." He asked and Veronica nodded before she went to go do it.

______

Veronica was standing in the doorway, watching as Deaton stitched up Ennis. Deaton let out a sigh, stopping what he was doing so that he could look up at the girl, "This may seem a bit prying for someone that doesn't know you at all, but what made you join the Alpha Pack?" Deaton asked her curiously, causing Veronica to frown.

"What do you mean?" She replied with a question, not quite understanding what the man meant.

"Your mother's maiden name was Morales, right? Vivian Morales." Deaton questioned and Veronica's eyes widened in shock, "Your mother used to live here in Beacon Hills. She grew up here. I used to know her until she married and left town. The last thing I would expect is for her child to be part of the notorious alpha pack."

It took Veronica a while before she grew the courage to speak up, "My mother died unexpectedly when I was ten. After that, I was stuck with my father, which was hell. He and the rest of my pack treated me like crap. I met Deucalion when I was twelve or thirteen, I don't really remember. He taught me the way to evolve and that's what I did. After that, I killed my father and his whole pack, including my best friend and his mother, the emissary. The Alpha Pack took me in when no one else wanted me. Deucalion's like the father I never had. I owe him for that. And if it means I have to do bad things to stay alive, then so be it. Even if I don't want to, I have to." She explained and Deaton realized that Scott was right when he told him about Veronica.

  She may have been apart of the enemy's pack, but she didn't agree on what was to be done. She only did what was told, even if she truly didn't want to. In some way, she was innocent compared to the rest of the alphas.

Their conversation was cut short when they saw Deucalion enter.

"How's our patient?" Deucalion asked as he entered the clinic, walking past Veronica.

Deaton looked, talking off his surgical gloves, "Out cold," He replied as Deucalion walked over to him.

"And the prognosis?" Deucalion questioned.

"Surprisingly optimistic," Deaton informed him, giving Deucalion a concerning look, "He's going to make it."

Deucalion placed his hand on Ennis's chest, trying to figure where exactly he was. He moved it upward and stopped when he was at his face. Veronica's back straightened up a bit, concerned of what the male was up to. Deucalion then leaned down and began to whisper something into Ennis's. Veronica knew it was rude so she didn't eavesdrop, even though she probably should have. Maybe then she could have stopped what came next. Deucalion placed a kiss on both of Ennis's cheek. Suddenly, Deucalion flicked out his claws.

Before she could gasp out in shock, Veronica covered her mouth with her hand as she watched Deucalion dig his claw into Ennis's face, killing him instantly. Once doing so, Deucalion turned back around toward the doorway, "I think you underestimated his odds." Deucalion commented without emotion, "Let's go, Veronica. I'm sure Kali will take the news of Ennis's sudden death better if it's heard from you."

Deaton looked over at Veronica, who was trying her hardest not to cry as she followed Deucalion out.

_____________

    After hearing the new of Ennis's death, Kali was deeply distraught. Aiden and Veronica followed the older alpha out of the Animal Clinic. The brunette ran a hand through her hair, trying to keep her cool.

"Kali--" Veronica try to speak up, placing a hand on the girl's back.

Kali whipped herself around, almost as if she were about to do something to the girl. Veronica quickly gripped her hands tightly around Kali's wrist as the older female screamed out, which sounded more animal-like rather than human-like. The sound of her howl caused numerous alarms from cars around them to go off.

Veronica sighed, sharing a glance with Aiden before they both pulled Kali into a hug, "I want him dead. I want Derek Hale dead." Kali told them and Veronica immediately felt guilty about it all.

She should have said something to both Kali and Aiden, telling them that Deucalion actually killed Ennis, not Derek. But of course, she felt both indebted and loyal to Deucalion for everything he had done for her.

AN: Sorry that it's kind of dragging.