16

After getting the book she needed for homework from the library during her lunch period, Veronica walked down the downstairs hallway of the school. She frowned when sudden the familiar scent of the werecoyote from the night before filled her nose.

  Without a thought about it, Veronica dropped her bookbag and library on the ground before she ran in the direction of where smelled the scent coming from.

  Soon enough, she found herself in front of the Boy's locker room. The locker room's door window was broken, almost as if something had jumped through it. More specifically, the were-coyote, also known as Malia Tate. She heard the distant of the coyote, but she could hear the heartbeat of someone. And that person seemed to be scared, seeing as their heartbeat was fast. Veronica didn't know why she felt the insistent need to help that person, but she did. She never felt that need to be a hero to someone when with the Alpha pack, which lasted for the last four years of her life.

  Veronica quickly turned the knob of the door that lead into the locker room and made her way. She snuck past the rows of lockers, trying to find the human without being seen by the coyote. She found the human girl sitting on the ground behind the last row of lockers.

  As the female slowly got up from her seat on the ground and began to back away from the werecoyote, Veronica roughly grabbed the girl by her right shoulder, causing her to whip around to face her. Veronica placed her hands on both of her shoulders as she pulled the girl back. She then pressed her hand against the lockers, forcefully pushing it down, which caused two others to fall also.

  The coyote growled, yet both females could not see it as they began to walk through the room together. Veronica sighed when her eyes locked on a gym on the ground. She immediately noticed that the doll that was in the crash site was now in Stiles' bag.

__________

 Veronica groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose as she sat on the bench inside the locker room at school while numerous officers resided there, getting all the information they needed. Veronica wondered to herself why she hadn't bolted by now. If there was something that Veronica never involved herself with, it was cops and hunters. Yet, she already got herself involved with Allison Argent when seeing Lydia Martin and helping out Scott's pack and now, here she was, answering stupid questions from deputies about a coyote.

Veronica's eyes locked on the girl she saved, Kira, who talked with her father, the history teacher at Beacon Hills. She noticed their conversation seemed a bit serious and decided to do the worst thing ever and eavesdrop, "Dad, seriously, I'm okay." Kira assured her father.

"Why were you not headed to lunch like everyone else?" Mr. Yukimura questioned her concerned. 

"I was looking for the girl who just saved me, Veronica. She left her journal during chemistry class, she sits behind me," Kira explained and Veronica couldn't help but smile, "I was just trying to do something nice. You do something nice and you make friends. Or so I've heard."

  Veronica was snapped out of overhearing the father-daughter conversation when she heard her name being called by Stiles, of all people, "Veronica." Stiles spoke up, causing her to look up, "Since Scott is nowhere in sight, I guess I'll tell you because I'm dying to tell someone."

  Veronica raised a brow as she stood up from her seat, "What is it?" She asked, her face filled with concern.

 "I think I know what she was looking for," He informed her as he unzipped his backpack and pulled out the doll Veronica saw sticking out of his bag just moments before.