25

Just a few moments after, Veronica had the random girl pressed against the wall as they heavily made out. Aiden was a couple feet away from them, dancing with two girls at once. Veronica pulled away from the girl when she noticed a pair of eyes on her. She turned her head to see Lydia staring at her, seeming a bit angered that Veronica was making out with another girl. 

Veronica sent her a grin before turning back to the girl and pulling her in for a kiss, "Predictable. Totally predictable." She heard Lydia mutter to herself annoyed, "What am I talking about? I'm the one who insulted her twice and even made her cry. God, who even does that?" Lydia complained to herself, causing Veronica to smirk in satisfaction as she began to kiss down the girl's jaw and neck.

 Suddenly, Veronica heard Lydia calling out her name in a plea, "Veronica! Veronica!" She called out loudly, causing Veronica to quickly pull away from the girl.

 Not saying a single word to her hookup, Veronica ran outside to find Lydia standing there, looking terrified, "Lydia? What's wrong? What happened?" Veronica asked the girl concerned as Lydia ran over to her.

 "These people, they're in black masks. They're after me." Lydia explained to her quickly as she gripped onto Veronica.

 Veronica frowned, not knowing what Lydia was talking about, "Lydia, I know it's the wrong time to ask, but why didn't you call my name? Why not Scott's?" Veronica questioned confused.

"Because I knew you would find me. You always do." Lydia replied as she was suddenly grabbed by Veronica and pushed back.

  Lydia frowned, only to see Veronica was staring at something. Lydia turned her head to see that Veronica was seeing the same exact thing she had seen just a few minutes prior. Lydia went to scream, only to have the thing lift their hand up, which stopped her from using her banshee powers.

Two of them sped over, one placing a hand on Lydia's face while the other did the same to Veronica. Both figures seemed if they looking into their souls, their eyes glowing yellow as they did so.

____________

 Aiden, who was walking through the party in search of his brother and sister, was suddenly grabbed by Danny, stopping him from walking any further, "Ethan?" Danny spoke up and Aiden quickly shook his head.

"Aiden." He corrected him, sounding annoyed that Danny thought he was his twin brother. He had to admit, it happened to him a lot and he hated it more than anything.

"Where Ethan?" Danny asked him concerned.

"I'm looking for him, too. Him and my sister, Veronica." Aiden informed him, sounding a bit concerned both his brother and sister.

"I haven't seen Ethan in, like, half an hour. Last I saw Veronica, she was chasing after Lydia, which was about fifteen minutes ago," Danny explained and instantly noticed the concerned look on Aiden's face, "Is something wrong?" 

Aiden glanced around the room in search of both his brother and sister. Ignoring Danny calling out for him, Aiden walked past him and began to search for both Veronica and Ethan, clearly worried for their safety, "Aiden? Aiden!" Danny called out to Aiden, only to be ignored.

 Danny sighed before he followed after him, intending to help Aiden find his siblings.

________

Moments later, Aiden and Danny entered the outside part of Derek's loft to find Lydia and Veronica lying on the ground beside each other, both of them shivering, "Aiden, over here!" Danny shouted out as he ran over to Lydia's side while Aiden ran over to his sister's.

"Veronica!" He said worriedly, kneeling down next to Veronica, "Veronica, what happened?" Veronica didn't answer, both her and Lydia shaking as if they were freezing. He knew that couldn't have been in, werewolves never got cold this easily, especially an alpha like Veronica. Aiden looked up at Danny, a concerned look on his face, "What happened to them?" He asked Danny concerned.

"I don't know, but both of them are freezing," Danny told him, "They're practically hypothermic."

"We gotta get them inside," Aiden decided, "You grab Lydia, I'll get Veronica."

 Aiden picked his sister up bridal's style, just as Danny did with Lydia. Both teenage boys brought the girls in and Danny's eyes locked on the heating vent, "Over here!" Danny shouted over the music, "There's a heating vent."

 Danny placed Lydia down on the ground while Aiden held his sister in his arms, trying to keep her warm. He waited for the best time when Danny was gone to trigger her healing by applying pain. He knew he couldn't do it while Danny was there, not when there was a high chance Veronica would roar out.

"I'll go get some blankets," Danny told Aiden before running off in search of blankets.

"Come on, Ronnie. Let this work. Let this work." Aiden whispered to his sister softly as he gripped onto her arm before breaking it.

  Veronica woke up with a gasp before roaring out, "Veronica, what happened to you guys? Tell me what happened." Aiden insisted as Veronica glanced around her eyes filled with tears.

"They came out of the dark." She told him as she pulled herself out of his arms and over to Lydia, who seemed just as frightened as Veronica was.

___________

Soon after, the party was ended by Derek, who was beyond furious that his loft had been used for a party. Veronica, who stood beside Aiden, handed Lydia to Danny, "Get her out of here. Make sure she gets home." She commanded and Danny nodded his head before he began to walk away with Lydia.

"Find Scott," Lydia told Veronica and she nodded her head.

Soon after everyone left, the dark figures appeared and all of them seemed to have their soulless eyes locked on Aiden, "Guys, they're all looking at me." The Oni began to slowly walk toward Aiden, "Why are they all looking at me? Guys?"

 At the same time, Scott, Derek, and Veronica all growled out as they lunged for the dark figures. They began to fight them, only to feel as if they were easily overpowered. Derek snapped its neck, which he thought would kill it. Just a few seconds after, it snapped back into place, leaving Derek shocked. Soon enough, all three werewolves were left on the ground. As one of them began to walk over to Aiden, Isaac flicked his claws out, ready to fight.

  The dark figure turned to him, pulling a sword out of its chest. Isaac began to slowly back away after seeing it begin to swing, "Somebody, do something!" Allison pleaded as two of them held onto Aiden as the same thing that happened to Lydia and Veronica, happened to him. After doing so, Aiden fell onto the ground and the dark figures began to walk in the direction of Kira.

  Veronica noticed this and quickly got to her feet, her red eyes glowing and fangs bared as she stood protectively in front of Kira. She turned to quickly look at Kira, the girl immediately noticing her animal-like features.

Before they could walk any further, the sun began to rise and the figures suddenly disappeared. Ethan and Veronica shared a glance with each other before they ran to their brother's side, "What the hell were those things?" Scott asked the group shocked.

Veronica noticed how Isaac's eyes went over to Allison, "Your dad's twenty-four hours up." He spoke up, causing Isaac to frown.