18

In the Beacon Hills Preserve, Veronica pulled up on her bike to find Scott just arriving on his bike and Stiles arriving in his jeep with Lydia. Soon enough, Allison pulled up to where the cars were parked with Isaac alongside her.

At the same time, both Scott and Veronica took off their helmets as the group walked over to where they stood together. It seemed awkward how everyone kept glancing at each other, "Anyone else think we might be doing more harm than good?" Lydia spoke up curiously.

"We're trying to keep a father from killing own daughter." Scott argued defensively.

"Actually, we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote who is actually his daughter, who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter." Isaac corrected him and Veronica rolled his eyes at him.

"Do you ever actually help?" Veronica asked him with attitude.

"For once, I agree with you, Veronica." Stiles commented and Veronica sent him a smile.

Scott decided to ignore the bickering and turned to Allison, "Did you bring it?" Scott asked her.

Allison didn't answer Scott's question, she just opened the trunk of her car and pulled out the gun that she was supposed to shoot Malia with to tranquilizer. Allison took a deep breath as she held it in her hands, clearly nervous.

Suddenly, Isaac, Scott, and Veronica frowned when they heard gunshots with their supernatural hearing, "Guys, did you hear that?" Veronica spoke up and both male werewolves nodded their heads in response.

"Veronica, follow me." Scott commanded and Veronica gave him a confused look as she watched him climb onto his bike.

"What, why?" She asked him confused but still obeyed him.

"Are you going to help me or not?" He argued and Veronica nodded her head.

She watched as Scott started up his bike and sped off. She glanced over at her bike, wondering if she should take her bike or follow him on foot. She let out a sigh before she began to run after him alongside Isaac, Stiles yelling at the three werewolves to wait.

It was easy for Veronica to catch up to Scott unlike isaac, who was far behind her with Allison trying to catch up to him.

As she ran, Veronica frowned when she saw a bear trap beside her foot. She sighed in relief, knowing it would have been hell if she were to have stepped on it. She kept running after that, trying to keep up with Scott. Suddenly, Veronica heard Isaac yell out from a distance and soon enough, Scott had fallen off his bike from the noise.

Veronica ran over to Scott, who was on the ground beside his bike, "Scott, we have to go now! I have her scent locked!" She told the alpha as she grabbed him by the arm and helped him up.

Soon enough, both Alpha ran as fast as they could in the direction of Malia's scent, "Why can't you just turn into a wolf?" Scott asked her quickly as they continued to run.

"How am I supposed to teach how to roar if I'm in wolf form? I can't speak like a human when I'm like that." She retorted with attitude, "I'll only turn if you turn."

"Fine." Scott hesitantly agreed.

He growled out, flicking his claws out as he began to turn. Veronica stopped walking long enough to be turned into her full wolf form. The duo soon caught eyes on Malia, who was already near the crash site. At the same time, both Scott and Veronica jumped over the crashed car, landing right in front of Malia, who was still in coyote form, just as she had been for the past eight years.

Malia growled at Scott as he stared down at the ground, "Veronica, you have to roar with me, it's the only way I think I'll be able to control it. You may not realize it, but you're my anchor." Scott whispered to her quietly.

Veronica glanced at him, almost as if she were saying okay. In sync, both Scott and Veronica roared out their loudest in unison, which traveled out miles, allowing Isaac, who was trapped in a bear trap to be able to be strong enough to get out.

Malia backed up slowly as her eyes glowed its icy cold blue color. Once seeing the girl beginning to turn back, Veronica knew it was time for her to turn back. She turned back naked, watching as Malia turned back into a human girl who looked to be the same age as both Scott and Veronica.

She had brown hair and brown eyes to match it. Her hair was extremely frizzed and knotted from all the time spent in the woods. Confused, Malia lifted her head up to see Scott and Veronica standing before her. She sat up from lying on the ground and began to examine her hands. She looked around, breathing heavily.

Veronica couldn't help but smile as she looked over at Scott, "You did it, Scott. You turned her back." She told him proudly.

"No," Scott shooked his head in response, causing Veronica to frown at him, "We did it." He corrected her and Veronica's smile began to turn into a bright smile, just as it was in the first place.

Scott, who had forgotten that Veronica was naked in the first place, quickly took off his jean jacket and placed it over her shoulders to cover her body as much as he could, "Here, this should cover you for now." He spoke up and Veronica nodded her head.

"Thank you." She thank him quietly as she stared at him intently.

Scott stared back at her as they got back on their feet. Veronica noticed as Scott began to lean forward as if he were about to kiss her. She knew she wanted to kiss him back, but she felt as if it would ruin her plan for redemption with the whole group. If she were to get with or even kiss Scott, there would be a chance that his whole pack would think she was only accepted into the pack because Scott liked her. She wanted more than that, she wanted to be accepted into the pack because they trusted her and liked her, not only just Scott.

Veronica dodged the kiss by turning head to the side, "You should call Sheriff Stillinski and Stiles. Tell them we got her." She interrupted his attempt to kiss her.

Scott seemed a bit shocked by her rejection, but then quickly nodded his head, "Yeah, yeah, you're right." He replied, stammering a bit as he did so.

AN: I'm trying to have Stiles slowly warm up to Veronica bc we all know he has serious trust issues.