36

Ethan groaned in pain as Derek continued to apply fire to his bullet wound. Once he was done, he closed the lighter back up, "Should be fine in a couple of hours. Unless whoever shot you manages to find you again." Derek stated.

Aiden sighed as he shook his head, heading to the door, "Lydia's with Scott. We need to go." He announced and all three werewolves turned to face him.

"Are you gonna try to convince her to go with you?" Derek asked Aiden curiously.

Aiden turned to face him as Ethan and Veronica walked over to stand beside him, "I'm gonna try and convince her to run and hide," Aiden replied, "Like any sane person would do."

"And Danny?" Derek asked Ethan curiously.

"Allison's dead," Ethan said with an attitude, "Stiles is dying. What do you think?"

"I think Danny won't believe you," Derek told him as he walked closer toward the sibling trio, "And Lydia would never run and hide."

"Because of Stiles?" Veronica spoke up with attitude.

"Because of Scott."Derek replied as if it were obvious, "The three of you've been trying to find a way into his pack. Trying to earn his trust, trying to fight for him. You guys have had it wrong the whole the entire time. You don't fight for a leader..."

"You fight for a leader's cause," Veronica spoke up, remembering her mother used to say it.

"Right," Derek nodded before he turned to the twins.

"What cause?" Aiden asked confused.

"Scott's always been about one thing. Saving his friends. He will do anything and everything to save the people he cares about. When there's no chance of winning, he keeps fighting. When all hope is lost, he finds another way. And when he's beaten down, he stands up again. You want to earn a place in his pack? You want redemption?" Derek explained to them, "Find another way to stand and fight."

_____________

At the school, Derek walked toward where the nogitsune stood in between two Onis. Derek was already turned, his mother's circular triskele box in his right hand, "Did you bring us a present?" The Nogitsune asked, an amused look on his face.

Derek placed it down on the ground and when he got back up, Aiden and Veronica stood to his left while Ethan stood to his right, "I brought three." Derek replied.

"I've heard of an Alpha pack, Derek, but not a pack of former Alphas with one Alpha without betas," The nogitsune stated, "It's a little sad, isn't it?"

"I might not be an Alpha anymore," Derek began to say, "But I can still fight like one," Derek growled out as the Oni swung their swords, getting ready to fight them.

The group roared out before they charged at the Oni. As the group began to fight the Oni, Ethan was suddenly knocked down by one of them. Veronica growled out, stepping in front of him as the Oni got ready to stab him. She growled, kicking the only in the chest to cause him to stumble backward. She turned to Ethan and held her hand out, helping him up, "Thanks." Ethan thanked her as he grabbed her hand and stood back up.

"Where the hell are they?" Aiden shouted out as he swung a punch to the Oni.

"The jeep's here, they have to be somewhere!" Veronica shouted back to him.

"In the school!" Derek informed them.

As one of the only began to slash at Aiden, Veronica ran over and punched the Oni before flipping him over, "We can't do this! We can't beat them!" Aiden shouted out.

"Take the box. We'll hold them off!" Ethan told his brother as Veronica ran over to him and started to fight alongside him.

As Ethan gripped onto the place where he had been hit. One of the Onis came over and got ready to stab him. Veronica growled out as she threw the Oni down the steps.

Just then, an arrow flew through the air and stabbed into the Oni's chest, which ended up killing him. Veronica turned her head to see that it was Chris Argent with a crossbow. Isaac then did a flip and landed right next to where Veronica stood.

"What was that?" Ethan asked shocked as he looked up at Argent.

"Silver," Argent informed him.

"Isaac, the box! Get the triskele to Scott!" Derek shouted out and Isaac quickly obeyed him. He ran over to the box and picked it up before running toward the school.

As Derek continued to fight the last Oni, Chris Argent tried his hardest to use the last remaining silvers arrows to kill it. Finally, he did so, leaving one other Oni.

As he went to shoot another arrow at one of the Onis, it had cut the arrow in half, leaving it on the ground, "Get the arrow!" Chris yelled to them, "It's the last one."

Aiden glanced over at Chris before running toward the arrow. He dodged the Oni's hit and slid across the pavement, picking up the arrow with ease. As he stabbed the Oni in the chest with it, the Oni had stabbed him also.

"Aiden!" Veronica and Ethan yelled out at the same time, seeing him get stabbed.

Veronica's eyes filled with tears as Aiden pulled the sword out before falling to the ground. Derek had made it there first before both Ethan and Veronica ran over to their brother's side.

Both knelt next to him and Veronica grabbed onto his hand. Blood spilled down his mouth as Veronica used her free hand to rub his back, "Does it hurt you as much as it hurts me?" Aiden asked Ethan in between cries.

"Yeah," Aiden nodded as he began to cry also.

Ethan and Veronica cried together as they rested their heads against Aiden's, knowing that their brother's death would come soon enough, "It's okay," Aiden assured both his brother and sister, "Lydia never believed I was one of the good guys anyway." He remarked, causing both Veronica and Ethan to chuckle at him.

"She'll believe me," Derek told him before Aiden began to speak up.

"Veronica, you have to be with her before it's too late," Aiden stated and Veronica frowned.

"Who?" Veronica asked him confused.

"Kira," He replied, "She's the one you truly want, not Lydia. Be with her. You need to."

Veronica began to cry once more, her bottom lip quivering as she nodded her head. Even if Aiden wasn't her twin or even her blood, he was always a brother to her, so was Ethan. She had known them their entire life and they were the only family she had left. Veronica pressed her forehead against Aiden's, "Shhh." She told him as she began to take some of his pain. Soon enough, she heard no heartbeat coming from Aiden as she and Ethan laid him on his back.

Ethan laid his head on Aiden's dead corpse. Veronica lifted her head up, her eyes glowing red. Soon enough, she let out her alpha roar. It was the loudest one she had ever done. It was filled with numerous emotions; anger, rage, sorrow, sadness, grief. Veronica had lost one of the most important people in her life and nothing would ever be the same.

AN: I had to watch the scene while writing it and I was literally sobbing. My cousin was laughing at me. Only one chapter left and it will probably be short.