8

The following night, Marin Morrell ran through the Beacon Hills Preserve, trying to outrun Veronica and the twins, who were after her on orders of Deucalion himself

The following night, Marin Morrell ran through the Beacon Hills Preserve, trying to outrun Veronica and the twins, who were after her on orders of Deucalion himself. To make herself faster, Veronica was in her wolf form, running on all fours to catch up to Deucalion's emissary. At first, they had all lost the female's scent, but soon enough Veronica had caught a whiff of the air and found her once more. She howled to the other alphas, telling her that she was close.

  With Ethan and Aiden following about fifty feet behind her, Veronica caught glimpse of the older female, running through the woods.

Once finding that Veronica and the twins were too close behind her to outrun them, Morrell stopped in her tracks and threw a handful of mountain ash around her. Veronica didn't seem to notice that she had done that, causing her to run right into Mountain Ash barrier. She whined, feeling a bit of pain as the force field threw her backwards. Veronica turned herself back into human form, just as Aiden and Ethan arrived.

   The twins began to run for Morrell, not realizing just yet that their was a barrier protecting her, "Guys, wait--" Veronica began to warn them, but it was too late.

  Aiden and Ethan lunged forward, only to be thrown back by the mountain ash circle. The twins ended up landing on both sides of where Veronica stood naked without a care in the world. She sighed, staring down at the two boys, "Next time, listen to my warning." She informed them sarcastically.

     Kali then arrived, landing on her feet a few feet away from where the three teenagers stood. Morrell stared at her, her eyes wide. She was out of breath from running so much at such a fast pace. She knew that now that all the alphas were there, excluding Deucalion, she stood no chance against them all at once.

   All four alphas slowly walked toward the female that was protected by the mountain ash, surrounding her at all sides.

   Soon enough, Deucalion arrived with Scott at his side, "How did you know, Marin, that we would come for you?" Deucalion asked out of curiosity.

     "Because Jennifer and I are the same," Marin replied, trying her hardest to not to show any fear, "And I know you've always been suspicious of us, of what we can do."

   "With good reason," Kali spoke up, walking a bit closer toward the Emmisary, "We know you sent that girl. The one who helped Isaac."

    "What was her name?" Deucalion asked, resting his hands on his walking stick.

    "Braeden," Marin answered the Alpha's question, "And I sent her to do what I've always done: Maintain  balance."

    "What do you know about Jennifer?" Kali asked Marin.

    "Nothing more than you know." Marin told them as she turned her head to look at Scott, "This isn't you, Scott. Go back to your friends. And take Veronica with you, she doesn't belong here with them, never has."