13

She didn't know why Scott had roped her into coming with him to his house to talk to his dad, but she had the feeling it had to with whether or not he would be able to control his anger

"No one even invited you here, okay?" Scott told his dad angrily as him, Veronica and Scott's father all stood in the living room together.

"I'm here to help, Scott." Rafael replied in a calm tone, unlike Scott, who was fuming at the moment.

"That doesn't make any sense, Dad! Who are you helping?" Scott asked his dad, "Just get out!"

"Scott—" Rafael began to argue, but Scott cut him off.

"What? I can't believe that you'd do this to my best friend." Scott argued.

From the corner of her eye, Veronica noticed Scott's mother, Melissa enter. The same one who electrocuted her with defibrillator at the hospital only a few weeks before when Veronica was still considered the enemy by the whole McCall pack.

Melissa quickly gave Veronica a confused look before her full attention was on her ex husband and son arguing.

"I'm not doing anything to your friend. I'm doing my job." Rafael replied.

"Your job sucks!" Scott answered back angrily.

"Some says I can't argue that." Rafael told his son, still keeping calm.

"Can somebody tell me what the hell is going on?" Melissa spoke up, causing all three of them to look at her.

"He's trying to get Stiles' dad fired." Scott informed his mother, who seemed shocked by this news.

"No, that's not true." Rafael shook his head in disagreement.

"What are doing?" Melissa asked confused.

"Conducting a case for impeachment." He answered, staring down at the ground.

"That sounds a lot like getting him fired." Mellissa retorted.

"The lack of resolution and ability to close cases is what's going to get him fried." He argued, "My job is just..."

Veronica began to zone out what Scott's father was saying when turned her head to see Scott breathing heavily, clearly losing control.

Her eyes widen when she looked down to see his claws begin to grow, "Scott..." Veronica trailed off, walking toward the boy. She took his hand, holding it in her own, "I need you to calm down." She told him, only to look up and see that his eyes were now glowing.

"I need you to come with me right now," She whispered to him before glancing over at Melissa. She nodded her head, following Veronica and Scott out of the room.

The three of them walked toward the stairs where Scott presses himself against the wall, "I need you to breathe, Scott. Just let it go. Let go." She told him soothingly.

"I'm trying," Scott replied as he closed his eyes, only to have his fangs grow.

"You told me you had Stiles learned a way to control this, Scott." Mellissa told her son, "You find an anchor, right? Find your anchor."

Scott turned to look at his mother, his eyes glowing and fangs out, "My anchor was Allison!" He groaned out, "I don't have Allison anymore."

Veronica stared down at the ground, trying to think of a way to help him. She only thought of one way that she would be able to steady his heart rate. But she wasn't really in the mood to do it to this boy.

Veronica sighed, "Screw it." She mumbled to herself, walking closer to Scott.

Veronica cupped Scott's face in her hands, turning his head so that he was facing her. His eyes were shut tightly, "Scott, I need you to open your eyes. Open your eyes, Scott. I'm going to help you. Just look at me." She told him and Scott immediately listened.

He opened his eyes and stared directly into her dark brown eyes, "Don't freak out. Just trust me." She said before leaning forward, pressing her lips against his.

Scott's eyes widened in shock for a moment before he began to kiss back, feeling as if it were helping a lot more than he expected. After a moment, Veronica pulled away and awkwardly stood there.

"It worked." Scott said, clearly shocked.

Veronica nodded her head in agreement before she pointed at Scott's lips, "You got a little bit of lipstick—" She told him and Scott wiped his lips with his finger, but didn't end up getting it.

"Did I get it?" He asked and Veronica laughed, walking back over to him.

She used her index finger, wiping the corner of his mouth to get the bit of dark red lipstick that had gotten on his lips from when she kissed him, "There." Veronica told him with a smile.

"Thanks." Scott thanked her, smiling and Veronica nodded her head in response.

"I better go..." Veronica trialed off, pointing towards the door.

She began to walk over to the door, only to be stopped when Scott spoke up, "Veronica?" He called out and Veronica slowly turned to face him, "Thank you. For everything."

"Anytime." She replied before walking out the door.

"I think you found your anchor." Melissa told her son quietly before walked upstairs.