33

-Not edited

Allison walked into Argent's office alongside Derek, Veronica, Sheriff Stillinski, and her father, "This everything non-lethal I could find," Allison informed the group, gesturing to all of the objects on the desk.

Chris sighed as he took a glance at all of it, "Take all of it." He insisted as Allison began to pack it all up into a duffel bag.

"What's the plan here?" Stillinski questioned curiously.

"Our best shot right now is for Derek and Veronica to try to pick up Stiles' scent at Eichen House," Argent explained, "Especially if he went through something stressful there."

"Should all five of us be going to the same place?" Stillinski asked confused.

"Where else has Stiles been showing up?" Chris replied.

"School, the hospital," Allison answered.

"Okay, hold on," Veronica spoke up, "Haven't we done this already? Stiles disappeared for a while and then we started looking for him. Then you guys walked right into a trap at the hospital."

"Veronica's right," Chris agreed with the female alpha, "He's getting us to repeat the same moves."

"So, what do we do?" Allison asked, "Wait for him to come to us?"

"We can't," Derek told her, "Not if the Oni find him when the sun goes down."

"Scott's working on them right now, with Kira," Sheriff Stillinski replied calmly.

Veronica raised her hand slightly, "I was just there and let me tell you, that gonna end up taking a while."

Chris nodded his head, "That's the problem. We're all trying to outfox the fox."

Everyone was quiet for a long moment as they tried to process their thoughts, "Listen," Stillinski spoke up, "I'll understand if anyone wants to back out."

The group nervously glanced around at each other, not saying a word, "It wouldn't be the first fox to run from a wolf." Derek commented and Veronica smirked as he grabbed one of the objects.

"If I wasn't down, I wouldn't come here so I'm in." She announced with a smile on her face.

"Apparently, I'm carrying a lightsaber," Chris added in.

"Dad, you, Veronica, and Derek hit Eichen House. Sheriff, it's you and me in the hospital. We all meet in the school." Allison commanded as she and the Sheriff left.

As Derek and Veronica began to walk out, they glanced at each other before turning to face Chris Argent, who was packing a gun even though the mission was supposed to be nonlethal, "Making sure you have a few lethal options just in case?" Derek questioned sarcastically.

Chris glanced at the two werewolves before looking back at where he was loading his gun, "I like to prepare for the worse." He answered as he loaded his gun.

_____________

Soon after arriving at Eichen House, the group of three ended up receiving a call from the Sheriff that Stiles was just at the house. The five of them found Stiles' chess board, a small sticky note on each game piece, "What is all this?" Chris asked curiously, "What are these sticky notes for?"

The whole group walked over to see Allison, Peter, and Scott next to each other while Derek's piece was guarded by Veronica, Ethan and Aiden's piece, "This is what Stiles used to try and explain to me about all of you." Stillinski explained to them.

"Cool, maybe it's a message from Stiles," Allison replied as she glanced up at the Sheriff, "The real Stiles."

Argent stared at Sheriff Stillinski for a brief moment before he picked up Isaac's, which seemed to be the only one off the board, "You think there's any reason my name's on the king?" Derek asked the group.