32

"This looks exactly like me," Kira commented as she sat with Veronica on her bed, looking at a picture of a female from the nineteen forties that she had found in her house. Scott stood in front of the two girls, looking down at the photo, "This has to be my grandmother."

"You remember how Veronica and I told you about Malia?" Scott spoke up curiously, "She's the last one who saw Stiles at Eichen House. This picture..." he trailed off as he picked up a sword that laid on the bed to Veronica's left and Scott's right, "And this. They found it with a body buried in a wall. The same backwards five that the Oni put on us was on the wall."

Kira gave Scott a confused look, not knowing what he was getting at. Veronica let out a sigh, "What Scott is trying to say is that it sounds like this all leads back to your family." Veronica continued on Scott's sentence, "Your Grandmother, your mom."

Suddenly, Kira's phone started to vibrate, meaning that she was getting a text. Once reading the text, Kira quickly looked up at Veronica, "What is it, Kira?" Veronica asked concerned.

"My dad," Kira replied, sounding worried.

Once the three teenagers made it to the school with what Kira's mom had asked her daughter to bring, Veronica roughly pushed open the double entrance doors to the school before she, Scott, and Kira ran in.

The three of them ran down the hallway until they reached Mr. Yukimura's classroom. They found him on the ground, choking while Noshiko rubbed his back, trying to soothe him. Noshiko lifted her head up once seeing her daughter enter, "Kira, did you bring it?" She asked concerned.

Kira ran over to her parents and knelt near them, handing her mother the vial of dark liquid, "You going to tell me what it is?" Kira questioned curiously.

"Reishi," Noshiko replied quickly as took the cap off of the vial.

"You're not seriously giving Dad magic mushrooms," Kira asked her mother.

Noshiko looked at her daughter unamused as she gave her husband some of the liquid. Mr. Yukimura began to cough up black liquid into a napkin before getting up from the ground with the help of his wife and daughter, "Are you okay?" Noshiko asked concerned.

Mr. Yukimura nodded as he leaned on his desk for support. Veronica looked over at Scott, concerned, "Stiles did this?" Scott spoke up as he turned to the Yukimuras.

Yoshiko turned to face Scott, "He wanted the last kaiken," She informed him as she lifted up a large black object that looked like a dagger in Veronica's opinion, "I've kept this near me ever since your friend disappeared."

"Mom, you need to talk to us, about everything," Kira told her mother and Noshiko nodded.

Veronica dug her hand into her jacket pocket and took out the picture Kira had given her earlier. She then handed it to Noshiko, who seemed shocked to see it, "Where did you get this?" She asked concerned.

"Is it Grandma?" Kira questioned.

Noshiko was quiet as she looked down at the picture, "No," She replied calmly, "It's me."

"If that's you, shouldn't be almost ninety years old?" Veronica frowned in confusion.

"Closer to nine hundred." Noshiko corrected her and Veronica's eyes lit up.

"Okay then." She muttered under her breath.

"Okay, sure. Why not?" Kira told her mother before she turned to her father, "Dad, how old are you?"

"Forty-three," He answered as a smile appeared on his lips. "But I've been told I look mid-thirties."

Kira nervously chuckled, handing her mother the sword that was still in its sheath. Noshiko gave Kira a small smile as she took it from her hands. The group walked over to Mr. Yukimura's desk as Noshiko took the sword out of the sheath and let the broken shards from the sword fall onto the wooden desk, "The Blade was shattered the last time it was used," She informed them.

"When was that?" Kira asked curiously.

Noshiko turned Kira, "Nineteen forty-three." She replied without emotion, "Against a nogitsune."

"All this," Scott began to say, "It's all happened before, hasn't it?"

"Yes," Noshiko answered.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it," Mr. Yukimura spoke up.

"Where did it come from exactly?" Veronica asked out of curiosity.

"It was an internment camp during World War II." Noshiko told her, "In Oak Creek. Not too far from here."

Veronica turned to Scott and shared the same look that he had. They both knew that Allison had said her and Isaac asked Mr. Yukimura about the camp and he had said it didn't exist.

"Hold on. You told Allison and Isaac that there was no internment camp at Oak Creek," Scott told Mr. Yukimura confused.

"Allison's family has a certain history of violence. I didn't know if she could be trusted." He explained, "There was a camp, yes. But all the records were erased."

"They covered it up," Noshiko added in.

Mr. Yukimura glanced at the teenagers before he went into his desk drawer, "When I was a grad student, my passion project, actually more like an obsession, was trying to dig up the truth on Oak Creek," He glanced up at his wife, "It's how I met your mother, Kira."

"So, where did the nogitsune come from?" Kira asked as she picked up one of the pictures.

"Isn't it obvious yet?" her mother replied, "It came from me."

______

As Noshiko continued her story, Veronica ended up getting an unexpected call from Allison that caused her to go outside to take the call, "Veronica, I know that you're probably busy, but we need your help in tracking down Stiles. Scott is with Kira and I know you're with them, but we need an extra set of hands." Allison explained to her on the phone.

"Where should I meet you guys?" Veronica asked, a smile forming on her lips, "This storytelling business is getting boring anyway.

Veronica could hear Allison sigh in relief on the other end of the phone, causing her smile to become even brighter, "Meet me at my apartment."

"Got it," Veronica replied, hanging up the phone before she sent Scott a text that told him she had to handle some business.

AN: I honestly got bored with adding Veronica in on being there with Kira and Scott while Kira's mother told the story, that literally the only reason I have her helping Allison out.