26

After the blackout party, Veronica drove Kira back home on her bike. Once arriving in front of the girl's house, Veronica's bike came to a stop. Both females took off their helmets as Veronica turned to look at Kira, "You okay?" Veronica asked her concerned, referring to what had just happened just twenty minutes prior at Derek's loft.

 Kira slowly nodded, a small, yet fake smile on her lips as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. There was a moment of silence between the two of them, Kira trying to figure out what she should say to Veronica exactly, "So all of you are..." Kira began to ask, trailing off as did so.

"Yeah," Veronica answered, not even bothering trying to argue that those people weren't her friends like she always did.

"And you're a..." Kira trailed off once more awkwardly.

"Yeah," Veronica nodded, her voice answering the question quietly. 

Kira let out a sigh as she got up from the bike. She walked over to stand in front of Veronica, looking her straight in the eye, "Can I see?" Kira asked curiously.

Veronica gave Kira a hesitant look before she got up from sitting on her motorcycle, "Just so you know, I'm not like the others." Veronica informed her, placing her helmet on the leather seat of her bike before she grabbed Kira's hand and led her to a secluded place on the side of Kira's house.

Kira frowned as she watched Veronica began to take off her shoes and shirt, "What are you--" Kira began to ask, but Veronica cut her off.

"Like I said, I'm not like Scott and the other. They stay human with wolf-like features. Me? I turn into a full wolf. My mother used to turn into one too." Once she was left in just a bra and underwear, Veronica tossed her clothes off to the side before began to turn.

 Kira watched in shock as Veronica's bones began to crack and break as she started to turn into a wolf. Soon enough, she was fully turned, a large black wolf standing in front of Kira, "Oh, my God." Kira muttered under her breath as she looked down at Veronica.

  Kira's eye color quickly switched to being red before it went back to being its normal dark brown shade. Slowly, Veronica began to switch back into her human form. As she did so, her fur soon faded away and she became bipedal once more.

 Kira's eyes widened in shock as Veronica stood before her, naked. Veronica stood there awkwardly, covering her breasts with her hands, "Mind handing me my clothes?" She asked and Kira froze for a moment before she bent down and picked up Veronica's clothes.

 She tossed Veronica her shirt and pants, which she quickly put, "Damn, you have no idea how much money I spend on clothes each month, especially bra and underwear." Veronica confessed as she quickly put on her shoes. She quickly looked up at Kira to see that she was giving her a weird look, "You okay, Kira?"

Kira quickly nodded, "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, it's just...how crazy is it that can turn into a giant wolf and your friends turned things that remind me of the Wolfman."

"It is crazy, I know." Veronica chuckled, "And maybe soon you'll find out what you are." She told her, even though she knew exactly what she was. She was a kitsune. A fox. The creatures that were supposed to hate creatures like Veronica and Scott, "Well, I better get going. I need to get dressed for school...." Veronica trailed off as she pulled the phone out of her jacket pocket, "Which we have in exactly two hours."

  Kira awkwardly waved to Veronica as she ran over to her bike, placing on her helmet before speeding off.

___________

Veronica made her way back to her apartment building to find Lydia standing in front of her door, pacing back and forth, "What are you doing here, Lydia?" Veronica asked with an attitude, "I thought I told Danny to take you home."

Once hearing the girl's voice, Lydia quickly turned to face Veronica, tears threatening to spill from her eyes, "He did, but I needed to talk to you so I drove here." Lydia informed her, "I can't stop thinking about all the horrible things I've said to you in the past two days. I said it, thinking it would drive you away from me. The truth is, we started as just a casual hookup, but now, it feels like its becoming more than that and it's scaring the crap out of me. My last relationship was with a boy who was an ass and he ended up becoming a homicidal lizard that everyone was trying to kill. He died in my arms before he came back to life and then left town without a single goodbye. It broke my heart and I'm scared to start something else with someone I love because I don't want to get hurt again." Lydia ranted to her and Veronica nodded her head in understanding, not even realizing that Lydia had technically said she loved her, "And I thought, by saying all those things to you, you would give up on me before we could go any further because I'm falling for you hard and it scares me."

Veronica walked over to Lydia and cupped her face with her face. She leaned down, pressing a quick kiss to Lydia's lips before pulling away. She used her hand to wipe the streaming tears from the girl's face before she began to speak up, "There's nothing to be scared of, Lydia. I promise you, I will never hurt you."

  Lydia slowly nodded as she looked down, avoiding eye contact with Lydia. She began to quietly cry and Veronica quickly tilted the banshee's head up to look at her directly in the eye, "Hey, hey, hey. There's no need to cry, okay?" Veronica assured the girl, pulling the girl in for a hug.

"I'm sorry for every hurtful thing I've said you. I promise you, I didn't mean it." Lydia told her quietly, "Please, forgive me."

"It's okay. I forgive you." Veronica replied.

AN: I deeply regretted that fight that I made Lydia and Veronica had a few chapters ago that ruined things between them so I decided have this happen just so all could be forgiven bc what Lydia said to her was literally horrible. And if someone I liked (or loved) said that to me, I would never forgive them and take them back.