6

In between class, Veronica stood with Ethan at his locker when they were suddenly approached by Aiden, who didn't seem too happy, "This whole thing with Danny needs to stop, Ethan," Aiden told his brother

  "He's harmless, Aiden. What's the big deal?" Veronica defended Ethan annoyed.

    "Lydia's the one we're supposed to worry about," Ethan added into Veronica's comment, "And it seems like both you and Ronnie have that all under control."

"Then why are you still talking to him?" Aiden questioned his twin brother.

  "What difference does it make?" Ethan argued quietly.

  "What do you think we're doing here, guys?" Aiden told them annoyed, "The two of you know we're not actual high school students, right? We're here to eliminate a threat, not hold hands and pass notes in class."

  "And now we know he's harmless," Ethan retorted, "Threat eliminated."

   "You're starting to like him, aren't you? Just like Ronnie is with Lydia." Aiden asked him and Veronica sighed, rolling her eyes at the boy's question.

     "So what if he does, Aiden? Just back off!" Veronica complained angrily.

      "So, if Deucalion asked you, would you kill him, Ethan?" Aiden questioned with a smile on his face.

   Ethan quickly glanced at Veronica before looking back at his twin brother, "If Deucalion asked, would you kill us?" He retorted with attitude.

     Aiden just smiled, not answering his brother's question, "Stop talking to Danny." Aiden commanded, "Or I'll rip the flesh off his face and eat it."

    Veronica sighed as she watched Aiden walk off. She turned to Ethan, an unamused look on her face, "Don't listen to him, he's just jealous that Danny boy is getting all the attention and he's not. Plus, I stole Lydia from him and that's got him pissed, too." She explained, patting him on the shoulder. Ethan couldn't help but smile at her as they walked down the hallway together.

   ______________

     "Why the hell are you even talking to us in the first place?" Veronica asked as she stood at the top of the stairs alongside Ethan, talking with Scott and Stiles, "Ethan helped kill your friend while I stood there watching, not doing a single thing to stop it."

   "And how do you know we're not going to kill another one?" Ethan added in, sounding more harsher than Veronica was, which angered Stiles when he realized Ethan was staring directly at him.

   "Is he looking at me?" Stiles questioned, "Are you threatening me? Do you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to break off an extra large branch of mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane and mistletoe and shove it up your freaking--" Before Stiles could finish his threat, Scott pushed him back and cut him off.

  "Woah, woah, woah, Stiles," Scott warned his friend as Veronica had to cover her mouth to stop from laughing at the boy, "Okay, we get it." Scott then turned back to Ethan and Veronica, "We're talking to you because I know the two of you didn't want to kill Boyd. Especially you, Veronica. And I think if something like that happened now, you guys wouldn't do it again."

  "You don't know what the three of us owe them." Veronica shook her head in response, "Especially Deucalion. We weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't alphas."

   "What were you?" Scott asked them quietly.

   "Aiden and I were omegas," Ethan replied, clearly ashamed, "Veronica was treated like one, even though she was a beta. In actual wolf packs, Omegas are the scapegoat, the last to it. The one who takes all the abuse from the rest of the pack."

   "So the two of you and your brother were like the bitches of your pack?" Stiles asked with attitude.

      "Basically." Veronica replied while Ethan had a different answer.

     "Something like that." He answered at the same exact time as Veronica.

     "What happened?" Scott asked them curiously.

     "Both of our packs were killers. I mean, people talk about us as monsters, but they are the ones who gave us the reputation. Especially in Veronica's case. Her father was the worst as they could come. He killed Veronica's mom. And me and Aiden's alpha was almost just as bad," Ethan explained to them.

   "Why didn't you guys all fight back together. From what I've heard, you guys were all buddies since birth." Stiles asked, "You could have formed Voltron wolf with Veronica by your side, you know? Kick everyone's ass."

      Veronica groaned, growing fed up with all the stupid questions she and Ethan were being asked, "We couldn't! Ethan and Aiden didn't know how to control it and I wasn't able to control my anger." She argued.

    "Deucalion taught you," Scott said quietly, coming to realization why they were all so indebted to Deucalion.

     "And then the three of us fought. Veronica took down her whole pack, then Aiden and I did the same to ours. One by one, and by the time me and my brother got to our alpha, he was begging for his life, and we tore him apart, just as Veronica did to her own father and stepmother. Literally." Ethan explained and Scott listened to every detail intently.

   "What about your emissaries?" Scott asked both Ethan and Veronica, which caused them to become silent, "They're all dead? Kali and Ennis's, too?"

   "All of them expect for Deucalion's, who happens to be the guidance counselor, Miss Morrell," Veronica replied.

    Just then, Ethan groaned in pain as he placed his hand on his chest. Veronica's eyes widened in shock, coming to realization that Aiden must be up to something, "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Scott asked concerned.

  "Not me," Ethan shook his head, "My brother."

     "What is that dumbass up to now?" Veronica groaned before running off to find Aiden, the three boys following close behind her.

   Once finding Aiden in the locker room. They noticed that Cora Hale was lying beside a concerned Lydia, injured.

   Before Aiden could hit Cora with the weight in his hand, both Ethan and Veronica pulled their brother back. Finally, they got the weight out of his hand, yet Aiden still struggled to get out of their grasp.

    Veronica pushed Aiden backward, grabbing him by the neck, her fangs out and her eyes glowing red, "Aiden!" She growled out, "You can't do this!"

   "She came at me, Ronnie!" Aiden argued with her.

   "It doesn't matter!" Ethan argued with him also, "Kali gave Derek until the next full moon. You can't touch him or her."

    Aiden seemed to calm down after hearing both his brother and sister's words. Veronica sighed, giving Scott a sympathetic looked before she left the locker room, pulling Aiden along with her and Ethan.