9

Once entering the Animal Clinic alongside Scott, Stiles, and Deaton, Veronica immedietely got confused looks from Lydia, Isaac, and Allison

   Isaac frowned, pointing his finger at Veronica, "What the hell is she doing here?" Isaac with attitude, not seeming too happy to see the girl.

    Stiles sighed, glancing at Veronica, "That's what I asked." Stiles agreed with Isaac.

    Veronica stayed quiet, not saying a single word in fear of setting one of the teenagers off. She knew they all hated her and she wouldn't even showed her face there, but Scott insisted and for some odd reason, she listened.

     "She's here because she wants to help and we're going to let her." Scott told them all sternly, which made them all listen to him.

    "Veronica, why don't you get me a bag of ice from the freezer to help me fill up these buckets?" Deaton asked and Veronica nodded, heading toward the freezer in the other room.

     Once she was out of sight, Isaac quickly turned to shock, giving him a judging look, "Are you serious right now? Do you really think she wants to help us? She's probably just here to gain intel for her pack. She happily did that when she went for Lydia." Isaac whispered shouted to Scott, who just sighed.

  "Guys, I know you might not believe me when I say this, but she's not like the others, okay? She's just on their side because she's been manipulated by Deucalion one too many times. She only joined Deucalion's pack because she thought no one wanted her and that her father killed her mother when in reality, it was Deucalion who did that." Scott explained to them, "When Deucalion was about to kill Morrell, she sided with me to help her. She went against her whole pack, including the twins to help her.  You have to trust me when I say this, but she does want to help, I know it."

  Allison watched Scott's actions closely and scoffed, "You like her, don't you?" She asked the werewolf, "That's why you're so intent on trusting her even though she tried to kill you and the rest of us so many times before, isn't it?"

   Scott stayed quiet, not answering the girl's question. Veronica soon came back with three large bags of ice, meaning they could start the process. Veronica wasn't dumb, she had heard their entire conversation, but for her sake, she acted as if she didn't, "So are we ready to start this or not?" She asked them all.

________

  Once getting all three metal tubs filled with water, the group added all the herbs they needed and ice also. Deaton looked up at Scott, Allison, and Stiles, ready to start, "Alright. What did you bring?" He asked the three teenagers.

  Stiles glanced over at the rest of his father's badge, "Umm, I got my dad's badge. Jennifer kinda crushed it in her hand so..." He trailed off, looking down at the object in his hand, "I tried hammering it out a bit. It still doesn't look great."