14

After getting a call from Scott later on that night to meet him and Stiles at the Beacon Hills preserve, Veronica made her way there to find the two boys already there.

Once noticing the female alpha walking over to them, Stiles groaned in annoyance as he pointed a finger at her, "What the hell is she doing here?" He asked, clearly not happy to see her.

"She's here because she wants to help." Scott answered for Veronica, causing the girl to send him a small smile, "Since we don't have Derek, Veronica's the only other werewolf that I know of that has crazy good tracking skills." He explained to his best friend.

Veronica playfully rolled her eyes as she smiled at the two males, "Well, I don't mean to brag." She commented jokingly.

"Then don't," Stiles snapped at her, still not being too happy about the girl being there, "Just help us find the dead body."

"Roger that," Veronica mockingly saluted them as she began to follow Stiles and Scott through the woods.

"You know, if my dad's right, that means there's another werewolf in town that we haven't met yet." Stiles told his friend quietly and Veronica sighed, rolling her eyes at his statement.

She knew for a fact there was at least one other pack in Beacon Hills, Satomi's pack. She remembered that because as a young child, she used to hear stories about them from her mother about how they were known to keep hidden.

"I know," Scott replied with a sigh.

"If it turns out to be something like triplets that form into, like, a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously notup for that." Stiles commented as Scott's eyes were locked on the map on his phone.

Veronica couldn't help but quietly chuckle at Stiles' comment, "Yeah. Me either." Scott agreed with his friend.

"I, personally, would think that a three-headed werewolf would actually be pretty cool," Veronica spoke up, only to get a weird look from Stiles.

"I hate to disagree, Veronica, but I don't want that happening any time soon. Especially since I can't even control my own transformation anymore without having you there to help me." Scott explained, shining his flashlight in front of him.

Suddenly, a howl was heard nearby, causing Stiles to jump in fright and latch onto his best friend. When doing so, Stiles ended up making Scott drop his phone, which landed inside a puddle down the hill. Veronica sighed at this, but also at the coyote howl, clearly recognizing it to be a howl from a were-coyote.

She didn't want to say anything to either Stiles or Scott, not wanting to worry them just yet. Scott sighed as he watched his phone fall into the large puddle of water. He then turned to Stiles, who gave his friend an apologetic look, "Sorry, buddy." Stiles apologized to his friend, "I hate coyotes so much. They always sound like they're mauling some tiny, helpless little animal."

"Werecoyote." Veronica corrected him under her breath so the two boys were unable to hear her comment.

Scott hopped off the large boulder they were standing on, Veronica following soon after. They ended up landing beside Scott's phone. Stiles tried to follow in their footsteps, only to end up slipping down. Scott bent down to get his phone and took it out of the water. He wiped off the screen before noticing that it still worked, "It still works." Scott announced amazed.

From the corner of her eye, Veronica noticed a large object from a far. She tried squinted her eyes and also tried to use her werewolf eyes, but it still was too far, "Scott, let me see your flashlight." She insisted and Scott gave her a confused look before finally handing it to her.

She grabbed the flashlight from his hands and began to walk in the direction of the large object with Stiles and Scott following close behind her, "I think I found that crash site you told me about on the phone." She informed them.

Stiles scoffed at her choice of words, "You mean 'we' found it, not just you." He corrected her and Veronica just rolled her eyes, not feeling the need to waste her time arguing with the human boy.

The teenage trio walked over to the crash site to find the car left like it had been found over seven years ago, "Uh...Why wouldn't they move it? Isn't it evidence?" Scott asked confused as Veronica handed Stiles the flashlight so he could get a better look at it.

"Probably too much of a pain in the ass to tow out," Stiles replied as he crouched down to take a look inside the car.

"I second that," Veronica muttered under her breath, surprisingly agreeing with Stiles for once.

As Stiles shined the flashlight around the outside part of the car, Veronica's eyes widened in shock when she noticed the claw marks around the car. She quickly walked closer toward the car with Stiles and Scott following soon after, "Guys, do you see this?" She asked them, pointing her right index finger at the claw marks on the car.

Scott nodded, tracing his hands over the claw marks, "Animals claws would be closer together, right?" Stiles asked concerned, "A lot closer."

"Then it was a werewolf," Scott realized and Veronica sighed, having the feeling that the coyote she heard was actually the person who did this. She swore she could smell the stench of the animal all over the car, but she didn't want to say anything just yet. She wanted to see if the two boys could figure it out on their own.

"So my dad was right." Stiles stated, looking over at Scott and Veronica.

Stiles crouched down on the ground and began to look inside the car, shining his flashlight all around to see if he could find anything. Scott and Veronica ended up doing the same and soon enough, Scott ended up finding something.

"What is that?" Scott asked, pointing toward something that was peaking out of the dashboard a bit.

Stiles moved the light of the flashlight over to it before he reached out and grabbed. After getting it, the three teenagers go back on their feet. Scott, Stiles, and Veronica all examined the doll in Stiles' hands.

"I'm hungry." The electronic voice of the ripped up doll ended up saying, causing Stiles to scream out and drop the doll on the floor. Scott jumped in fright as he placed his hand over his chest, more scared of Stiles' scream rather than the doll.

"Are you kidding me right now?" Veronica groaned at the boys, "It's just a freakin doll, guys!"

"I think I just had a minor heart attack." Stiles informed the two werewolves, making Veronica laugh at him.

"It's not funny, Veronica. Just because you enjoy seeing people hurt--" Before Stiles could finish his insulting sentence about Veronica, the female alpha began to hear distant growling coming from not too far away.

"Shh, Stiles. I think I hear something." Veronica shushed him, placing her index finger over her lips to tell him to be quiet.

"Me too," Scott agreed with her, nodding his head.

Both Veronica and Scott turned their head to see two glowing eyes in the dark about a hundred feet away, "Please tell me you see that." Scott told both Veronica and Stiles.

Stiles got up from his seat on the ground and walked closer to Veronica and Scott to see what they were seeing, "Scott, you still have my coat?" Veronica spoke up and Scott gave her a confused look.

"Yeah, why?" He replied, still confused about what she was getting at.

"Good." Veronica answered quickly as she soon turned into wolf form.

Scott and Stiles watched in shock as she began to run after the coyote at full speed, "Veronica, wait!" Scott yelled out, but it was already too late, Veronica was out of sight.

AN: Finally, I posted a chapter. I was updating so frequently and then I just stopped. Sorry about that.