12

The third alarm of the morning rang in Veronica's room, making her groan out in frustration

  The third alarm of the morning rang in Veronica's room, making her groan out in frustration. She covered her ears with the pillow, which didn't help one bit.

She sighed, reaching her hand out to her nightstand. She slammed her first down on the top of the alarm clock. After applying too much strength when doing so, the whole alarm smashed into numerous tiny pieces, completely destroying.

With her super hearing, Veronica could hear Ethan and Aiden laughing at her from the kitchen, clearly hearing her.

"Oh, shut up!" She told them, knowing that they would hear her.

"Why don't you just quit school like we did? Then you won't have to wake up so early." Aiden asked her curiously.

Veronica didn't answer, feeling as if it were a stupid question and not worth answering. She finally opened her eyes and got out of bed, walking towards her dresser.

She quickly got dressed before heading down the hallway and into the kitchen. Veronica immediately found the twin sitting at the kitchen table, eating bowl of cereal, which happened to be her Cocoa Pebbles.

Without saying a word, she got herself a clean bowl and spoon and took a next to them. She leaned over, picking up the box of cereal. It felt light to her, but she didn't think of it until she went to pour some for herself, only to find it empty.

She looked up at the twins, only to see them giving her innocent looking faces, "No, no, no. Don't give me that look. You don't get to do that. The two of you are far from innocent," She complained and the twins began to laugh at her, "Cereal was literally the only food we had in this place and you guys ate it!"

"Please. You can easily get more. You're a trust fund baby, Ronnie. You have money for life." Ethan argued and Veronica gave him an offended look, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I am not a trust fund baby!" She argued back.

"You have three millions dollars to your name from your wealthy father, who you happened to have killed, might I add, to gain his alpha status." Aiden explained and Veronica scoffed, getting up from her seat.

"I'm going to school." She told them, still sounding a bit frustrated.

"See you later, trust fund baby!" Ethan replied, which made his twin brother laugh.

As she walked out the door, Veronica flipped off the boys.

————

Once arriving at school, Veronica was making her down the school hallway by herself when she spotted Stiles and Scott standing near the lockers.

Her eyes widened in shock when she saw that Scott's eyes were glowing red right out in the open. She quickly ran over to him, "Scott, your eyes!" She whisper shouted to him.

Scott looked up at her, giving her a concerned look, "What about them?" He asked her, not knowing what she was talking about.

  "They're freaking glowing red in the middle of the hallway!" She answered quickly, "Put them away! Now!"

  She watched as Scott tried to do so, only to fail. Scott looked up at her, his eyes wide, "I...I can't. I can't control it."

Veronica sighed, glancing around before she grabbed Scott by the arm, "Okay, okay, we can get through this. Just come with me, keep your head down," She assured him, "Stiles, you come, too."

  Veronica dragged him all the way to the history classroom, which was closest room near Stiles's locker. Once entering, Scott breathed heavily as he pulled off his jacket and moved forward toward the desks, away from Stiles and Veronica.

    Veronica stepped forward, ready to help him. Scott quickly held his arm out, telling her not to come any closer, "No, stop! Get back! I could hurt you! Either of you!" He told them.

Veronica sighed as she walked toward Scott, not listening to what he was yelling her. Scott was kneeling on the ground, trying his hardest to keep calm.

  She knelt beside him, using her right hand to lift his head up so he was looking at her. He had his eyes closed, trying to hide the fact that his eyes were still glowing red. His fangs and claws were out also, "Open your eyes, Scott. Open them." She demanded and soon after, Scott obeyed.

  "I need you to listen in on my heartbeat, okay? Just listen in and try to match your with mine," Veronica told him.

  Scott quickly shook his head, finally looking at her directly in the eyes, "I can't, I can't." He replied.

Veronica sighed, "Saying that is what making you be like this!" She shouted at him, "I'm telling you, just listen in on my heartbeat. I promise you, it will work."

  Scott sighed, nodding his head. He closed his eyes and began to listen to her heartbeat. It was steady, unlike his own, "Just breathe in and out, in and out." She explained to him and calm, quiet tone.

Scott inhaled and exhaled slowly, listening to only Veronica's steady heartbeat and voice. Finally, he succeeded and made his heartbeat match his. Veronica heard the similarity in their heartbeats and couldn't help but smile, "Now open your eyes, Scott.
Open your eyes."

Scott took a deep breath, opening his eyes. He noticed how Veronica sighed in relief and sent him a smile, "Did it work?" He asked her curiously and Veronica nodded her head, still smiling.

Scott looked down and noticed how her hands was being in his own. He didn't even remember taking the time to grab her hand. He figured he must have done it without realizing it.

  Once noticing the look Veronica was giving him, he quickly let go of her hand and got up at the same time as him, "How did you learn how to do that? Did Deucalion teach you?" Scott asked her curiously.

  Veronica shook her head, "My mother." She replied quietly before toward the door, "I better get to Chem. See ya." She said as she headed out the door, leaving a smiling Scott and deeply shocked Stiles.

  Stiles had a confused look on his face as he turned to his best friend, "What the hell was that, Scott?" Stiles asked him confused.

Scott smiled once again, "Veronica helped me gain control." He replied to Stiles' question.

"I still don't trust her." Stiles said as they both headed out the door.