23

At Lunch, Veronica was walking down the hallway by herself when she found Kira sitting on the ground, eating lunch alone. Veronica sighed, dropping her bag on the floor before she sat down beside Kira, the book she had been previously reading during math class in her hand, "I don't want to talk about it." Kira spoke up, avoiding all eye contact with the female alpha.

"What do you mean?" Veronica asked her friend mockingly as she held her book up, "I'm just here to sit with my friend during lunch while I use the time to read the book I've been trying so hard to finish for the past two weeks."

Kira nodded her head as she continued to eat. Veronica exhaled deeply as she opened up her book and began to read the page she left off on just an hour before. Veronica couldn't seem to get interested in the book. Instead, she kept taking quick glances at Kira, which she seemed to be doing also. Kira stayed silent as she grabbed Veronica's book out of her hands, placing the bookmark back in its original spot before placing the book down on the ground to her right.

"Do you have your phone?" Kira asked Veronica curiously and she nodded, "I'm going to show you something that no one else has ever seen before. Well, no one except Barrow. Take a picture of me, and use the flash."

Veronica nodded her head in response as she dug her hand into her pocket and pulled out her phone. She quickly pressed the camera icon before turning on the flash. As Kira looked directly into the camera with an emotionless face, Veronica pressed the capture button. Soon enough, the picture was taken and Veronica pressed on it, revealing what looked to be a fire aura around Kira's body. Veronica's eyes widened as she saw it, "Woah." Veronica said quietly, "That's crazy."

"Yeah," Kira replied awkwardly.

"What is it?" Veronica asked her friend curiously.

"I have no clue whatsoever. It just started showing up a couple of months ago." She explained, "It only happens with the flash on. And I don't know how, but Barrow knew about it. He used my own phone to take pictures of me."

"Wait, the same one that's at the Sheriff's Station?" Veronica questioned and Kira nodded, "That's why you asked for it back."

Kira sighed, "If someone sees those pictures..." She trailed off, becoming quieter.

Veronica quickly grabbed Kira's hand and held it in her own, squeezing it reassuringly, "We're going to get your phone back, Kira. I promise." She promised her, a small smile appearing on her lips.

______

Once arriving at the Sheriff's Station on Veronica's bike, Kira let go of tightly holding onto the Veronica. Both of them took off their helmets and turned their head to see Stiles sitting in his jeep and Scott parked beside them on his own bike. The three teenagers walked over to Stiles, who held the cards that would get them in his hands, "Okay, this one will get you into all of the perimeter doors," He informed them as he handed Scott the card, "This one into the evidence room, and this one's for my father's office."

"You didn't steal these, did you?" Scott asked his best friend concerned.

"No, I cloned them using the RFID emulator," Stiles informed them and Veronica nodded, even though she had no clue what he had said.

"Sorry, I don't speak nerd," Veronica retorted, "But I have to ask, is that worse than stealing? Not that I really care or anything, I'm just curious."

"It's smarter," Stiles replied and Veronica rolled her eyes, knowing now that the answer was yes.

"Veronica, can I ask you something?" Kira spoke up, quickly glancing at Scott and Stiles, "In private."

Veronica nodded her head before she walked over to where Kira had dragged her, which was about ten feet away from the two teenage boys, "You didn't tell either of them anything, did you?" Kira asked concerned, "About the pictures?"

"No, no, of course." Veronica quickly shook her head in response to the question, "I just told them that you have some pictures of you on your phone that you didn't want anyone to see." She explained to her, quickly glancing over at Scott, who was clearly listening in on their conversation.

"What kind of pictures?" Kira replied, clearly confused as to what Veronica was referring to.

"Naked pictures," Veronica answered quietly and Kira's eyes widened in shock.

"Oh," Kira nodded her head in understanding, "Good idea, Veronica."

"Okay, cool." She told her before both girls made their way back over to Scott and Stiles.

"Okay. So, now almost everybody's out dealing with the blackout. But there's always somebody at the front desk. There's dispatch and usually a night shifter or two. The three of you guys are gonna use the service door entrance by the dumpster. All right? Nobody uses it. Now, I'll text you if anyone comes out. But, Scott, if you get caught, I can't help you guys. My dad's under investigation for an impeachment because of your dad, so, if anything happens I will run and leave the three of you for dead."

"Got it," Veronica replied before Scott spoke up.

"Thanks. Seriously, dude." Scott thanked his best friend.

"I'd ask my dad, but you know..." Stiles trailed off, clearly referring to his dad being in already enough trouble as it is.

"No, I know. I get it." Scott assured him.

"Alright, just, uh, hurry up," Stiles told them before Scott, Kira, and Veronica made their way through the exit door.

__________

Once the three teenagers succeeded in deleting the pictures, Scott, Kira, and Veronica ran back outside to find Stiles leaning against the driver's side door while waiting for them to come back out, "We did it. All the pics were deleted." Scott informed Stiles.

"God, that was awesome," Kira spoke up excitedly and Stiles raised a brow at her, "I mean, terrifying. Completely terrifying...But kind of awesome." Veronica couldn't help but laugh at Kira's comment, "I've never done anything like that before. Have you?"

Both Scott and Stiles turned to each other awkwardly, sharing the same exact guilty look, "Yeah, once or twice." Stiles replied.

"Hmm." Kira nodded as it became silent between the four of them.

"So, I, uh, guess I should take you home now," Veronica spoke up and Kira slowly nodded as Veronica glanced over at Stiles and Scott.

Veronica got onto her bike and Kira followed soon enough. As Veronica handed Kira her helmet. she remembered about the party she was supposed to be attending at Derek's loft tonight. After all, she was the one who gave Danny and the twins the idea of where to have it take place.

"Hey, uh, Kira?" Veronica spoke up once more, "How would you like to go to this party with me?"

AN: Ughhhhh. I'm shipping her with Kira so bad rn but I can't let that happen. I already know whose she's going to end up with at the end of the season and that person is going to be the main love interest for the next upcoming books. I already wrote the first two chapters for both the season 4 book and the season 5 book of this series. They're going to be called 'Redemption' and 'Only for you'.

And If you couldn't already tell, Scott and Veronica's relationship is pretty much a slow burn, seeing as Veronica's pining over Lydia atm, but something may change soon enough and that may lead to Veronica being with him long term. ;) Tbh, I need some ship names for Scott and Veronica + Veronica and Lydia but I suck at those so whatever