22

After the cops came, Veronica, Lydia, Stiles, Kira, and Scott were all brought to the police station, much to Veronica's dismay. She hated being involved with cops, especially federal officer ones.

The whole group sat in either on the couch or the chairs as they got questioned by Rafael McCall, Scott's father. Sheriff Stillinski sat at his desk as it all happened, wanting to be there while the teens got questioned, "So when did you get there?"Agent McCall asked the teenagers.

"At the same time," Stiles answered calmly.

"At the time as who?" He questioned

"At the same time as us,"  Scott answered for Veronica, both of them quickly glancing at each other before looking back at Scott's father.

"By coincidence?" He asked them.

"What do you mean by coincidence?" Stiles asked the older man confused.

"That's what I'm asking you," Rafael replied, clearly annoyed because he wasn't getting any answers, "The three of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence."

  "Are you asking us?" Scott asked his dad, pointing to both himself and Veronica.

"I think he's asking me," Stiles stated and Lydia was quick to disagree.

"I think he's asking all three of you." She corrected the two boys.

"Okay, let me answer the questions," Agent McCall spoke up, only to see the looks the three teenagers were giving him, "Let me ask the ask the questions," He corrected himself, "Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right," Stiles told him as he nodded his head in response.

"How did you known he'd take her to a power station?" Agent McCall turned to Stiles as he asked the question.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would we take her." He answered, quickly glancing at the rest of the group.

  "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles." He commented.

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in the law enforcement." Stiles winked at his dad, causing Sheriff Stillinski to quietly laugh.

Agent McCall noticed this and turned to look at the man, who quickly hid the laugh as a cough, "Stiles, just, uh...Just answer the man." Sheriff Stillinski spoke up.

"We made a good guess," Stiles stated.

"What were the two of you doing?" Rafael asked both Kira and Veronica.

"Eating pizza." Veronica said at the same time as Kira said, "Eating sushi."

Once again, Kira said, "Eating pizza."  while Veronica said, "Eating sushi."

Veronica groaned as she turned to look at Kira before looking back at Agent McCall, "Eating sushi and pizza." Both girls answered in unison.

"You believe this?" He asked Sheriff Stillinski.

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak." Sheriff Stillinski informed him calmly, "But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" Rafael spoke up, staring directly at the girl.

  Each of the teenagers leaned forward in their seats, staring at Kira as they waited for her answer. She slowly nodded her head, "Yes." She answered, "Could I get my phone back now?"

"Sorry, but no."

__________

"Do you seriously believe him?" Aiden complained to Veronica he leaned against the locker that was beside the female alpha's, "Ethan really thinks if he helps Danny with this stupid Halloween party, it'll help get him closer to joining Scott's pack. He said something along the times of, 'being human in high school will help us.'"

  Veronica sighed as she closed her locker and turned to face her brother, "I mean, maybe he's right. Scott trusts me because I help out because I actually used the time of day to go with him to hunt down a coyote that happened to be a human girl. And unlike the old person I used to be, I hunted her down to turn her back into human form, not to kill her. And also, I risked my life last night to save a girl's life. I fought a mass murder just to save her." Veronica explained to him, "What I think you should do is help Ethan out with this plan, I think I might even have a great place to do it."

Aiden raised a brow with the girl, "Where?" he asked her curiously and Veronica just smirked.

The bell rang and Veronica went her separate way, leaving Aiden alone, "Hey, you can't just leave me hanging like that!" Aiden called out to her but was clearly ignored.

  Veronica walked into her biology class and took a seat next to Lydia and in front of Danny, just as she always did. The substitute teacher soon came around, passing out papers. She stopped at Lydia and Veronica's table and turned to the strawberry blonde girl, "Sweetheart, since this is my first class and I haven't taught in five years, I just want to remind you of one thing," She whispered to Lydia, "Try not to embarrass me."

"You should've thought about that before wearing those shoes," Lydia replied, causing Veronica to look up from the page she was reading in the textbook in front of her, shocked.

The female's eyes widened as she went from looking at Lydia to looking down at her shoes, "Love you,"  Lydia smiled at her mother.

"Love you, too." Mrs. Martin told her daughter before walking off.

  Once she was out of sight, Veronica turned to Lydia, a smile on her face, "May I ask why your mother's teaching biology?" Veronica asked curiously.

"Because Mr. Harris used to teach biology," Lydia replied calmly, "Until his new occupation...Human Sacrifice."

  Veronica instantly noticed the look Lydia was giving her and frowned, "What? I'm not the one who killed him." She argued and Lydia quietly scoffed at her, "What, Lydia? What the hell did I do wrong? Yesterday you were perfectly fine with me. Actually, we were more perfect. We were awesome. Especially in the guidance office." Veronica played it all off with a smirk as she dropped her hand off the desk and placed it on Lydia's right thigh.

She began to slide up until Lydia slapped her hand away, not wanting to do it in the class that her mother was teaching in, "I'll tell you what's wrong," Lydia stated as she turned to look at Veronica, "The other night, you and I helped save someone's life. And it felt really good. And even if you did help us, you were only doing it to get more access into the pack. You only helped us with saving Malia and then Kira because you want in the pack and you know you can do that by getting everyone to trust you."

Veronica frowned when she heard Lydia's words, "Veronica, when I look at you, all I can think about is how you stood there while your brothers held Derek's claws as Kali had him kill Boyd. You could have stopped them, you had the chance to, but you didn't. You just stood there and watched. You're not just a bad girl, Veronica. You're one of the bad guys. And I don't want to be with the bad guys."

Lydia turned away from Veronica, not noticing that the girl was near tear. Veronica quickly wiped her eyes before she turned in her seat so she could talk to Danny, "Hey, Danny, Aiden and I think we may know a place where you can have your party." She told the human boy with a smirk on her face.

AN: Lydia really hit a nerve on Veronica, that's for sure.