Dentist Shiki X Reader

Okay hi!!!

I wrote this chapter back in August last year and my writing style has changed alot since then :DD

I added new parts and changed the tense and such so it's easier to read!!

So yeah hope you enjoy and in case you're new...

"Guess you never thought about romanticizing a dentist ;)"

You and your Guardian sat in the waiting room. Your leg was thumping and you were extremely nervous. You were never good when it came to personal hygiene, and brushing your teeth was no exception. It seemed more like a chore than a daily activity.

Of course you had brushed last minute, flossed, and even used mouthwash; hopefully it would have been enough. You watched as the person beside you went into the sliding doors. Your turn was next...

Your guardian tried to calm you down, reassuring you that nothing bad would happen, but their attempt ended in failure.

"Can we please go home...? Or at least just to a different dentist...?" You asked desperately.

"But I already signed your name here, you'll be at this new dentist office for a while until ours reopens." You sighed at their response.

Your regular dentist office was being relocated, so in the meantime you had to settle here.

At the Shiko Dentistry Office.

"Come on Guardian, I really don't want to be here..." You said, trying to keep your voice low, "Haven't you heard the rumors?"

"Rumors about a dentist office?" They said loudly as you shushed them, batting at their arm like a child. You put your hand to your mouth as if to block the sounds from others.

"I heard the and staff here are really, really mean. They yell at children who don't brush their teeth..."

"So you're worried you'll get yelled at?" You nodded your head at their response. "But not just that, there's more..."

"More? And what might that be?" They gave you a grin, now interested in what you had to say. They probably didn't take this seriously as they should, but you continued your explanation regardless.

"The dentist himself is even worse!! Not only does he yell, but he rips their teeth out!! On purpose!! And for no other reason other than to laugh at innocent children!!!"

"(Y/n) sweetie," They made hand motions towards the ground, trying to calm you down, "Of course a dentist will pull teeth. And it isn't for no reason, that's their job..."

You Guardian had a valid point, but still...

Besides, how about afterwards we get ice cream or something?" They offered, and your eye lit up.

"Can we!?" You exclaimed happily as they smiled

"(Y/n) (L/n)." But you then heard your name called and froze. The office worker repeated your name and your Guardian pushed you away with a wave.

"Good luck~" Your Guardian smiled. All the feelings you felt only moments ago resurfaced.

"Follow me this way, please." The lady replied coldly. You gulped nervously, unsure of what would happen to you.

Another nurse came over towards you and gave you a pat on the back.

"Don't worry, we're just going to take a few x-rays." She said with a smile. Why was she smiling? The staff here were supposed to be scary like everyone said!!

She led you into a white room and motioned for you to sit in the chair next to an obnoxiously large machine.

"Okay. Please sit here for a moment." The nurse said, taking the large machine and putting it close to your cheek. She gave you a plastic-looking stick and told you to bite on it.