Dr. Roen Lilyknight

Hey there, it's been awhile

I've had really bad writer's block and loss of motivation to write recently as well as finding pleasure in things that usually make me happy :') 

Writing has been especially difficult for me, so I ask for your patience

Fair warning, there will be several time skips due to the fast pace of this oneshot

Also, (C/n) stands for Cat Name; I was looking online at cat names and found the name Noodle. But I also liked the name Snowflake or Sugar too but you can choose any name you would like lol

And be sure to comment the name you chose below in the comments!! :D

There won't be an author's note at the end, so thank you so much for reading, and I hope you enjoy!!

~Brie

It was an average autumn day. You were walking down the road, wearing your favorite sweater and listening to music through your earbuds. The leaves were crunching underneath your feet, and the wind swayed back and forth.

There was a breeze, carrying the dark brown leaves and debris off the ground as your hair flowed behind you. But despite the music, you heard a suspicious noise.

You took out an earbud and lowered the volume, hoping to hear and identify the sound. But nothing came. Maybe it was just your imagination, and you were about to disregard the thought before hearing the sound again.

It sounded like a duck; a scratchy tone of voice hollering into the empty road. You followed after the noise in curiosity, and to your surprise, saw something rustle underneath a pile of leaves.

"Hello...?" You asked, bending down to get a better look. The noise repeated as you took your hand, gently moving the leaves around.

Beneath the leaves laid a small, dirty animal. You could barely make out what it was due to all the dirt as the creature made the sound again. It was...a kitten?

"Oh, don't worry, I'll help you..." You said softly, picking up the small kitten into your arms. It was a little bit bigger than your hand and extremely light. The kitten opened it's blue eyes and looked into yours, meowing again.

"Aww, you're adorable..." You mumbled, unable to believe the sight before you. There was no collar around its thin neck, and you checked your surroundings. You couldn't see any other nearby cats nor people for that matter. Maybe this poor kitten was abandoned?

"W-What should I do?" You asked yourself as the kitten meowed. "Well, I can't just leave you here..."

Maybe it would be best if you brought it home. You could give it milk or at least do something to keep the kitten alive. You decided right then and there to take the kitten home with you as the breeze swayed and you walked back to your house.

The walk back home was silent, and the cat had its eyes shut tightly to resist the wind chill. You gently ran your fingers through its fur and unlocked the door to your house. You were a usually clean person, but to be safe, you placed the kitten on the table as opposed to the ground where it could get lost.

You quickly went towards the refrigerator, taking out a gallon of milk and pouring some onto a small serving dish. The kitten meowed, slowly approaching the dish and flickering its tongue back and forth against the white liquid.

You smiled to yourself before wondering what to do next. It would be best to clean the kitten, but cats obviously weren't too keen on baths. Walking back into the kitchen, you took out a wipe and gently pressed it against the kitten's fur while it was busy drinking. The dirt slowly but eventually was removed from the kitten to reveal pure, white fur.