Body Pillow Shiki X Reader

Today was another long day of school. You threw your book bag to the ground, entering your room and gazing into your comfort zone. Manga and anime DVDs lined the shelves, plushies on your computer desk, and several wall scrolls decked the walls.

Your guardian was out at work, and you still had hours before dinner. You couldn't eat lunch again today, and your stomach growled. Sitting on the bed, you changed into pajamas, letting your hair down and collapsing on the bed. You laid your laptop down beside you, curling yourself up under the comforter with your head on the sheets; the usual ways you spent any other school night.

You looked to the side of you, your body pillow still in the same place he was this morning. Out of all your material possessions, he would always be your favorite.

You held him in your arms as tears escaped your eyes. And before long you began to sob.

The only good thing about being home alone was that you could sob as loud as you needed to and no one would hear. Your Guardian wouldn't bombard you with questions like they usually did. But it wasn't their fault.

None of this was their fault. It wasn't their fault that you became such a loser. It wasn't their fault that you were constantly bullied.

You blamed all of this on yourself.

And you've tried to change, to stop, but that only made you worse. At this point, you've finally accepted that anime shaped you into the person you are today. If it weren't for anime, well, you really wouldn't be here. At times, this felt like the only thing keeping you alive.

"Shiki, it just isn't fair. I just don't know what to do anymore..."

Of course there wasn't a response. He was only a body pillow, afterall.

It was difficult, but you knew deep down that he was nothing more than an image on a pillow. Yet you still held onto him. "I just hate that whole school Shiki, I hate everything!!" You cried, leaning your head onto his.

Shiki Natsumezaka. Your beloved body pillow. Unlike anyone else, he would always be there, and he was the only person, well, thing, you could rant to.

"I'm so sick of it! They act like I'm some disgusting monster; like I'm doing something wrong!!

"..."

"Please tell me this isn't my fault!!!"

There was no response. Of course there wasn't.

After a few moments, you laid him down beside you as you put your laptop on your lap, pushing away tears. You positioned your regular pillows until you could finally get comfortable and sighed.

You put on episode 6 of your favorite anime, Dance with Devils, and tried to make yourself feel better. A bag of potato chips were opened and you began to binge eat like usual. After 10 or so minutes, your favorite scene came on, and you began to sing along. Shiki's voice was angelic as you sang quietly to yourself.

"Oh, what I wouldn't give to be Ritsuka right now..." You sighed sadly. But you knew it could never be possible. After all, none of this was real.

"To be loved and supported, to even be with someone like Shiki..."

They were only mere drawings on a screen, and the truth always hurt your heart.

You finished the episode and watched the ending song, holding back smiles from Shiki's tarot card. It didn't matter what mood you were in, any image of Shiki was enough to make you feel better.

But the best moment of your life was when you found him online. After pleading and begging, your Guardian finally bought that pillow for you and it was the best present you could have ever received. You were grateful beyond belief.