Firefighter Shiki X Reader

Update: I forgot to put the picture in at the top ahah everything else is the same

It was just another typical Sunday night. You were cleaning the lonesome apartment since it had became quite messy. You were tired and stressed during the school week, so you had to make up for your laziness by tidying up a little bit.

You've been on your own for almost half a year, and had slowly gotten used to an empty apartment. You had to separate from your Guardian so they could focus on their work. They said it was for your best interest, but you knew they just didn't want to be bothered with you.

In return though, they bought you a kitten; an adorable black kitten named (Kitten/Name).

(K/n) was always following behind you, loudly purring and happy to see you. They would greet you at the door when you came home from school, and slept on the foot of the bed with you every night.

"So (K/n), what should we have for dinner tonight?" You asked the cat, who happily meowed and nudged it's head to the left. You had put two different dinner ideas on the counter.

On the left was a whole pie of pizza whereas the right just had a microwaved meal.

You smiled once (K/n) suggested the pizza, and happily opened it up.

You placed the pie into the oven to warm up, and planned on checking on it later. You hummed to yourself as you finished before collapsing onto the couch.

You nudged yourself against the couch pillows and curled into a ball. (K/n) followed suit and laid beside you. Fatigue hit you like a truck, and you were close to falling asleep...

...

..

.

"BEEP!!!"

"BEEP!!!"

!!!!!

A loud beeping noise woke you up from your slumber, and you frantically looked around in shock. That was the smoke alarm!! You tried to locate it, but you could barely see!!

You immediately started coughing and could scarcely process what was going on. You ran to the kitchen only to see a large fire coming from the oven!!

Oh no!!

You panicked and ran towards the front door to escape, but the metal doorknob was burning hot!!

"Oww!!" You retracted your hand back in response, but took in too much smoke as you began frantically coughing.

"What do I do!?" You asked yourself before noticing your cell phone.

That's it!! You typed in your emergency number and waited for it to ring.

"Hi, what's your emergency?"

"Uhm, uh..." You started to stutter before coughing again. The smoke alarms beeping was still ringing in your ears as well.

"Is this an emergency?" The line asked in doubt as you nodded your head.

"Y-Yes!! I can't b-breathe and-and the oven caught on fire!!" You exclaimed loudly, trying to talk over the noise.

"Okay, please stay calm. We'll send fighters to your location immediately. Please exit the building."

"But the doorknob is burning hot!!" You raised your voice unintentionally as the line tried to calm down.

"I assure you, help is on the way." As they said this, you could hear sirens blaring from afar and you dropped your phone to the ground.

You ran over towards the window and pushed away the curtains. You saw firefighters run out of the truck and speak to each other in a group before going their separate ways.