(Y/n)'s Birthday

Hey for no reason I wrote about (Y/n) having a birthday and wrote this in like a day and a half so take this while I try to get over my severe writers block :')

Picking up your cell phone, you took a look at the date...huh?

You didn't even realize what day it was. Usually anyone would be excited on this type of day, but you just stared at the numbers on the screen.

It was still early morning, and you had another boring day of school awaiting you...

You walked over to get changed, and once you put on your uniform, you heard your phone ring.

!!!

"Guardian!?" You exclaimed happily, answering your cell phone.

"Happy Birthday my sweet (Y/n)!!" They said happily. You haven't seen your Guardian in months and this call really meant alot of you.

"You're probably the only one who'll know it's my birthday anyways." You laughed it off, but was clearly hurt as the words escaped your lips.

"Aww, now that's not true!! I'm sure your friends will remember!!" They tried to be positive but you just sighed.

What 'friends'? You didn't have any 'friends' at school. Sure, you knew a few kids and have talked to some peers, but never someone to be called a 'friend'...

But you didn't want to bring your Guardian down and did your best to sound happy.

"Well, I hope so." Your voice was fake but hopefully they believed you.

"I don't want to keep you any further, I don't want you to be late..."

"No.."

You were suddenly annoyed and tugged at your school uniform. You would love to stay and chat with you Guardian all day. You'd even be happy to move back home and be with them so you weren't by yourself anymore.

"Alright, well, I love you honey, I'll call you back another time. Take care." You couldn't even say it back before they ended the call.

You understood they were very busy, and they were probably at work just now anyways. You sighed, tossing your phone on the bed and continued to get ready for school.

With earbuds in and your hands in your pockets, you left the empty apartment and walked the same way you usually did. You didn't eat breakfast; you just weren't really hungry today...or ever really...

You've been too tired and depressed to go shopping, and were always anxious to talk to the workers at grocery stores. So you've just been ignoring your body for the past few days. You ate lunch but...cafeteria food was expensive...

Your only source of money was the monthly supply your Guardian gave you, and you were running low anyways. But it's fine; you've survived this long.

Walking into class, you kept your eyes to the ground and made your way towards your seat. Just seeing the other students buzzing around energetically was enough to make you tired, and the day hasn't even started yet...

Classes went slower than ever, and lunch came and went. You sat in the back table by yourself with your earbuds in, jamming out to your favorite band, until a girl with short brown hair approached you.

She was in your class, and always tried to talk to you. She was too peppy for you to deal with, but you were never impolite or anything to the girl.

"Hey (Y/n)!! Happy Birthday!!" She exclaimed loudly, gaining the attention of nearby students. A bunch of other kids looked over at you and you immediately shut your eyes.