Fourth of July

Ackk hi!! So uhm uhh yeah

I've had this half written since the middle of July and got side tracked so better late than never?

If it isn't obvious enough, I live in the States, so of course I wanted to write a big 4th of July party (and honestly have always wanted to) so I'm glad I got to even though it's mega late ^^;;

Anyways, hope you enjoy it~

It felt like just another Thursday for the student council members who lounged around the library. Rem was staring off at his shoji board like usual and Urie and Mage sat there at the table trying to discuss new plans for the Grimoire.

Shiki however had dragged Roen’s dog form towards the couch and fell asleep with him in his arms. At first, Roen disagreed and bit him a few times, but he sooner or later gave in and slept beside the fallen angel everyone knew and loved.

Well, more like hated. No one else really liked Shiki besides his girlfriend. And the others made that very clear with taunts and teasing.

Nothing significant happened that morning until the doors swung wide open to reveal (Y/n) herself pulling Ritsuka by the arm.

“Hey, why are we here!?” Ritsuka exclaimed once again. She had been asking that question since (Y/n) kidnapped her from class.

Her brother, Lindo, wasn’t too pleased with her suddenly taking away his little sister, and ended up chasing behind them without (Y/n)’s realization until panting could be heard.

“W-Wait up!!”

“Lindo!!” Ritsuka shook (Y/n) away and ran into her brothers arms with an embrace.

“And what exactly is going on here…?” Rem asked in a monotone voice.

“I have an amazing idea!!” (Y/n) grinned.

“Oh great. Here we go again…” Ritsuka sighed, not ready to entertain another one of her schemes.

“What the hell does that mean, Ritsuka?” (Y/n) asked, taking a bit of offense to her comment.

“Is there something we can help you with?” Urie asked, presenting himself towards her and putting a rose near her face. She chuckled and pushed it out of her way.

“As I was saying before Ritsuka cut me off; I have an idea. We should all have a big Fourth of July party!!”

Everyone gave her confused glances.

“But...we live in Japan...why would we celebrate America’s Independence Day…?” Urie asked in confusion.

“Come on, it’ll be fun!! We can sit outside and barbeque and eat burgers and watch the fireworks-”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. There’s never been fireworks here for a holiday that doesn’t apply to us.” Urie said, killing her mood.

Mage nor Rem commented as (Y/n) scanned the room for her boyfriend and located him asleep on the couch beside Roen.

“When he wakes up, I’m sure he’ll agree!!” She protested.

“I’d hate to bring you down, but I don’t see a point of celebrating something like that.”

(Y/n)’s eyes were tearing up as Urie frantically looked around the library as if asking for help. Mage was trying not the laugh as Rem silently watched over the conversation.

Shiki was asleep and unable to comfort her, so Lindo took the lead and approached her.

“I think that’s a wonderful idea, (Y/n). But there’s no way you have the room in your apartment complex for all of us.” Lindo said with a sad smile.