Easter with Shiki

Sooo uhm, I tried to write last year but never finished it, so here we are now!!

Enjoy~

"I don't know, (Y/n)...I'm not too big on Easter anymore..."

Easter was right around the corner, and you were curious what the two of you were going to do to spend the holiday together.

"Anymore?" You asked, but he shook his head.

"I just don't want to celebrate Easter and it's meaning..."

"It's meaning?" You gave him a confused look for a moment before realizing what he meant.

"Okay, but it doesn't have to be all religious and stuff. We'll just celebrate the big puffy rabbit!!" You smiled but he sighed.

"(Y/n), I'm really not too keen on the idea..."

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeease..." You asked like a young child would and he shot you a defeated glance.

"Fine..."

"Yay!!!"

You and your Guardian used to celebrate Easter every year, and you can only remember happy memories. And you wanted Shiki to feel that happiness too.

"But there's still a few days before Easter; so what do we do until then?" He asked and you took a moment to think.

"Well, we can go to the shopping center!! I'm sure they'll have something fun to do!!" You exclaimed, but noticed Shiki glancing at the window. You turned around to see the setting sun.

"..."

Shiki approached you and gave you a pat on the shoulder.

"Just relax. We can go out tomorrow and see, okay?"

You nodded your head.

"And now, go be a girl and make me dinner." He chuckled, pointing towards the kitchen.

You rolled your eyes at his commanding tone but did so anyways. Dinner was simple and easy, and the night went by just as quickly.

...

..

.

The next morning, you had woken up and went to the shopping center together hand in hand.

"Shiki, look!!" You exclaimed, noticing a small crowd.

"Hey, wait up!!" Shiki called.

You ran towards the crowd, revealing a group of kids, to see the center of attention; it was a large, fluffy white rabbit sitting in an over sized chair.

!!

"The Easter Bunny!!"

Shiki rolled his eyes; "There's no way you still believe in that, right?"

You glanced at him for a moment before speaking, "Of course I know the truth, but it's still fun to believe~"

You had already gotten in line before Shiki tried to pull you back.

"Okay cool, believe what you want, but don't stay in that line."

"But I want to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap..." You knew you were being childish and truthfully just wanted to see his reaction as you carried on. No harm in a little teasing~

It's payback for all the times he teased you and you giggled to yourself.

"That isn't even an Easter Bunny, it's some old guy in a costume! No way in hell are you sitting on his lap!!"

"Shiki!! Don't say that!!" He didn't realize the younger children who were staring at him in shock. You turned your attention towards the kids, and a few looked as if they were about to cry.

"No, that's not true kids!! He just doesn't believe, but we do!! Because the Easter Bunny is real!!"

You internally started to panic. It's obvious Shiki didn't understand it. Maybe he never celebrated Easter before with his family?

Wait...now that you think about it...you really don't know anything about his past to begin with...not like you've ever asked or anything. It never really occurred to you until just now.