Cowboy Mage X Reader

Heyo I've been working on this one for awhile

And yes, I edited this picture myself  lmao

I added a slang dictionary at the bottom of the story since I get to use cowboy slang UwU

Also uhm trigger warning; themes such as violence, death, and a bit of blood will be portrayed in this chapter. Please read at your own discretion.

Anyways, enjoy!! 

"Hey (Y/n)?" Your Guardian called from downstairs. "Can you c'mere please?"

You held onto the railing as you went down the steps. You and your Guardian lived in a wood cabin together, so the building was getting old. And so was your Guardian.

"(Y/n), be a dear and do me a favor?" They asked as you nodded your head.

They asked you to go to the next town over and fetch more supplies. The two of you were running low on food and they handed you some pocket money. Of course you said you'd go; you weren't in any position to say otherwise. But you were quite nervous...

You've only ever stayed in your own town, and going off on your own would be worrisome. You were surprised your Guardian wouldn't be so protective of you anymore.

But you were (your/age) now, and expected to act like one.

Several of the other boys in the town offered to help you, but you pushed them all away. You were the only daughter there excluding newly born babes, so all the boys always wanted to be near you.

You were never rude or impolite, which was probably why everyone liked you so much. But that's just a facade. The "oh so sweet and innocent (Y/n)" was who they knew and loved. Not the real you.

But you didn't mind them only knowing that side of you. It would be for the better anyways.

Packing a bag, you quickly went up to your room and gathered everything you needed. It was best to pack light so you'd have room for the new, but you didn't know how long it would take to get there.

The directions were simple. They just said straight ahead. No curves, no turns; just straight ahead.

That should be easy enough.

You threw the bag on your back and said goodbye to your Guardian, leaving the house and heading towards the stables.

The rest of the town was lively as ever, and you saw a group of boys running around. One of them caught sight of you and came running as fast as he could.

"Hey (Y/n), you goin' somewhere?" A boy asked catching his breath as you nodded your head. He was *between hay and grass; he's always had his eye on you.

"Yeah, today I'm heading over to the next town." You said, trying to dismiss him as you walked towards your horse. The boy started talking but you ignored him once you saw your horse.

Most of the horses were brown or black, but your horse was the runt. She was pure white without any spots and a bit smaller than the other horses. The kids used to make fun of you back in the day for owning such a *crowbait horse, but you groomed her into the best horse a horse could be.

"...and ya positive you want to take (Horse/name)?" He asked as you gave him a confused look.

"Well of course I do, she's my horse after all." You weren't sure what he was implying and waited for an explanation, but it never came.

After a few moments of silence, you decided not to *dally any longer and opened the door to reveal (H/n). You could tell she was happy to see you as you led her out of the stable.