CHAPTER 1.

In the lively hum of the room, my gaze is inevitably drawn to him

In the lively hum of the room, my gaze is inevitably drawn to him. A figure both striking and mysterious, effortlessly captures my attention with his presence. Tall and lithe, he possesses a quiet strength that emanates from within, hinted at by the subtle flex of his muscles beneath the snug embrace of his white shirt. His dark hair falls in graceful waves, framing features that seem sculpted by an artist's hand. With a gentle sweep of his hand, he tames his unruly locks, a gesture so effortless it borders on artistry. His hazel eyes, warm yet enigmatic, meet mine with a depth that leaves me spellbound, weaving an unspoken connection that transcends the noise around us. And when his lips curve into a smile, revealing a charming dimple, I find myself lost in the simple beauty of the moment.

With each step, he draws nearer, encircling my waist with his arms, all the while maintaining an intense, longing gaze.

He's cute.

From the depths of his soulful eyes to the gentle sound of his voice.

"Cassy," my name flows from his lips with a melodic quality, causing my heart to race.

But as he repeats my name, his voice undergoes an inexplicable transformation, shifting into a familiar, female tone—the voice of my best friend, Eve.

"Cass...Cassy...Earth to Cassalia," Eve snaps her fingers in front of my face.

Shit!

I was daydreaming...again.

This is sheer torment.

I shake my head slightly and lean on my desk, giving Eve my full attention "You were saying?"

"You were lost in thoughts about Ben again, weren't you?"

"What? No, I was merely contemplating the extensive school work I need to do tonight" She rolls her eyes at me, clearly unconvinced, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

"Liar. You had that 'oh, Ben' look on your face," she points out, and my cheeks betray me, turning a shade of crimson "I knew it," she nudges my shoulder "So, what were you thinking about this time?" When I remain silent, she nudges me once more "Tell me."

Fortunately, Miss Davids enters the classroom, saving me from further questions from Eve.

All eyes turn to the front, but as soon as she starts talking my focus can't help but drift back to him—Ben Mills.

I was never the type of girl to spend hours daydreaming about a boy. Dating didn't particularly interest me, not that I had anything against it; I just hadn't given it much thought. But everything changed when I met Ben. From the very first moment I laid eyes on him, I knew he would turn my world upside down.  Everything about him is pure perfection, and I am utterly drawn to him. That being the reason why I often get lost in daydreams that I find hard to break free from.

For the past two years, I've watched him from afar and admired him in secret.

Don't get me wrong; I'd love to tell him how I feel, but there's a major complication. He's Paul's best friend, and Paul is my childhood friend, more like a brother to be precise. Revealing my feelings to Ben would undoubtedly complicate things. I've contemplated the potential fallout if I were to confess my emotions. The scales always tip toward the scenario where he doesn't reciprocate, which would no doubt strain my relationship with Paul.