CHAPTER 37.

I wish Blake and I never happened

I wish Blake and I never happened. I wish I could erase all the memories. Mostly, I wish I could get rid of my feelings for him because ever since he ended things between us a month ago, my life hasn't been the same.

I haven't been the same.

Blake chose to distance himself from me and move on with his life like we never happened. Like he never confessed his love for me.

Not that I blame him though.

After everything that happened on the rooftop, I didn't reach out to him, I didn't even try to initiate a conversation. I let my fear of love make the final decision for me.

In those days when I would walk past him in the hallway and ignore him, it felt as if I had made the right decision. I convinced myself into believing that I didn't need him, that what happened was for the best. But as the days went by and I watched him drift further and further away from me, the more the ache in my chest worsened and the hole became even larger.

I became so desperate to forget about Blake, to forget everything that I found myself agreeing to go on a date with a guy I met at the mall, Keegan. Part of me thought it would help me move on. It was sort of the same thing that happened after I broke up with Ben. It seemed like I needed a rebound relationship to help me bounce back. But sadly, for me, it didn't work. I didn't even make it past the first date. I hated every second of it because Blake managed to make himself present by invading my thoughts, and taunting me.

I just don't understand why it's so hard for me to forget about him and move on. I mean it wasn't this hard to forget about Ben.

"Babe, stop stressing. Tonight is going to be fun," Eve tries to put my mind at ease as we get ready for Blake and Jake's birthday dinner.

Blake and Jake's eighteenth birthday was on the 15th of September. On an actual day, all of us went hiking and quad-biking then ended the day with a beautiful picnic by the beach that their mum planned. That was before Blake and I had a falling out.

A few weeks later after their birthday, she gave us invitations to their birthday dinner which is taking place tonight. In the beginning, I didn't understand why she wanted to have the dinner celebration months after their birthday until Jake told us that it was because their grandparents will be around.

"The more you stress about it, the more it'll steal your peace of mind" she grabs my black open-toe block heels and hands them to me "these will look good with the red dress,"

"I honestly don't know why I'm going. Maybe I should lie and say I'm sick" I rise to my feet after wearing the heels, pacing back and forth.

"You know you can't keep avoiding him, right?" I don't say anything "sit down so I can tie your hair" I do as she says. She grabs one of her bobby pins and inserts it into my hair after pulling it up into a beautifully messy bun "perfect. Blake will want to talk to you,"