CHARTER 3.

As the warmth of Ben's embrace envelops me, I surrender to the moment, relishing the fleeting intimacy between us

As the warmth of Ben's embrace envelops me, I surrender to the moment, relishing the fleeting intimacy between us. His whispered words, laden with affection, echo in my mind as I cling to him, unwilling to let go of the euphoria that grips me.

But just as his lips are poised to meet mine in the dreamlike haze of my reverie, reality intrudes, shattering the illusion with a jarring beep. With a groan of frustration, I was pull from the depths of my dream, my heart still racing from the imagined intimacy.

"So rude," I grumble, swatting at the alarm clock in annoyance for disrupting my blissful reverie.

"Elle, honey, get up. You'll be late for school," mum's voice call from the doorway, coaxing me into the realm of wakefulness.

"I'm up, Mum," I reply, dragging myself out of bed and begrudgingly facing the day ahead.

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I can't help but blush at the lingering remnants of my dream-induced euphoria. My smile widens as I trace my lips with a trembling finger, the memory of Ben's imagined kiss sending a thrill coursing through me.

But reality quickly intrudes, urging me to refocus on the tasks at hand. "Focus, Cassy. Focus," I remind myself sternly, shaking off the lingering traces of my dream as I prepare for the day.

With Sabrina Claudio's soulful melodies filling the room, I set about readying myself for school, pushing aside the tantalizing fantasies of my dream and face the day with renewed determination.

As I enter the kitchen, the morning light filters through the kitchen windows. The comforting aroma of breakfast greets me, mingling with the soft murmur of morning conversations. Papa's warm greeting, a gentle "Good Morning, nana," resonates across the room as he rises from his seat, a napkin in hand.

Taking my place at the table, I ask "Are you leaving?"

"Yes, I have a meeting at 8," he replies, a note of responsibility evident in his tone as he washes his dish before preparing to leave. His commitment to his role as an electric engineer often means our paths cross primarily in the evening hours, a routine dictated by the demands of his profession. Meanwhile, Mum's nursing career adds a layer of unpredictability, her working hours fluctuate between morning and night shifts.

As I prepare a simple breakfast of toasted bread topped with creamy avocado, and mum, ever attentive to my preferences, hands me a cup of black coffee.

Papa leans down, kissing my forehead "You guys should have fun at school," his gaze shifts to me "and no boys."  his parting words carry a hint of concern, a reminder of his protective nature "and you" he gestures to mum, drawing her body to his "I'll come by to see you during your lunch." their lips unite in a kiss and when his hand moves down to her ass, I instantly look away.

"Kids in the room" I playful clear my throat

Papa pulls back from their kiss, glancing at us "how do you think you were" his grin grows.