CHAPTER 36.

The second, and third school terms rolled by so quickly that by the time the 4th one began, we were all too drained by school

The second, and third school terms rolled by so quickly that by the time the 4th one began, we were all too drained by school. We spent most of our school holidays studying, bettering our grades so we could all get into Melbourne University.

A few weeks after our NAPLAN tests, I found a University of Melbourne application form on top of Blake's study desk. It first came across as a surprise because I hadn't mentioned to him where I want to study next year. We hadn't even talked about it yet. But when he walked into the room with a glass of water and saw the forms in my hand, he immediately asked if we could talk.

With the form in his hand, he said "I know you and I haven't yet discussed our plans for next year" he took my hand in his "but I want to promise you that no matter how long the distance will be between us, it will never change the way I feel about you. My love for you knows no distance, Precious" he cupped my face, stroking my cheek.

"Blake..."

"I promise you that I was going to tell you about it before applying. That's the reason why I left the application form on the bed. I wanted us to talk about it" he explained "I..."

"I'm applying to the University of Melbourne," I told him, giving a hint at a smile.

He stared at me for a moment, unblinking "are you serious?" I could hear the surprise and joy in his tone "please tell me that you aren't joshing me"

I shook my head "I'm not. Eve, Paul, and I will be applying there" my lips lifted.

"I can't believe it" he smiled back "wait until I tell Ray and Jake" my brows drew together "they couldn't stop jesting about how distance would fuck us up next year if you don't apply to the same university as us"

"Us?" I questioned "Jake and Ray are also applying there?" he nodded.

"I can't believe it" he stared at me all smiles and admiration "thank fuck" he murmured and then looked up to the ceiling "I mean thank God" his chuckle was infectious and I couldn't help but giggle too.

I still can't believe how happy he makes me feel.

I mean months have passed and we still haven't labeled what's going on between us. He remains patient and understanding.

Keeping our relationship a secret hasn't been the easiest. People at school have started suspecting. Don't even get me started on our families. Mum even pulled me aside to ask what was going on between Blake and me when she got a glimpse of him kissing me on the cheek. I told her that we were just friends. Though I could see that she didn't believe me, she didn't pry.

That night after my talk with mum, I called Blake and told him that we needed to talk. The next day, during our talk, I suggested that we find ourselves a spot where we can meet up and spend time together without anyone seeing us. As disappointed as he may have looked, he still agreed.

Yes, there are days when I feel bad about the decision I've made because I see how hard it is for him to keep us a secret. If it were Blake, our families would know about what's going on between us by now.