CHAPTER 43.

The moment papa walks into the room, mum grabs a wooden spoon and starts lip-synching to 'it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' by Michael Buble

The moment papa walks into the room, mum grabs a wooden spoon and starts lip-synching to 'it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' by Michael Buble. Papa makes his way to her, singing along. He twirls her around, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her body to his.

I stare in awe of them, admiring their love, their authentic union, and the way their happiness levels feed off of each other. I've never seen a bond as pure and so true as theirs. They are the reason why I believe in true love.

"Oh, honey, behave" mum giggles. I break out of my thoughts and continue watching them. She lets a smile loose, leaning closer to him and he dips his head down. She tilts her head sideways, letting him bury his face into the crook of her neck "Merry Christmas, honey" she whispers into his ear and he grabs her ass.

"That's my cue to leave" I take the bottles of red wine and walk out of the kitchen, heading to the backyard where we are having our Christmas lunch party.

"This looks beautiful" I comment, placing the bottles of red wine on the bar "the event designers did such an amazing job. I'm certain that everyone will love the decor" I stand next to Maggy, resting my head on her shoulder.

This year it was my turn to pick the Christmas lunch decor. I went with a greenery theme and natural decoration. A full-sized Christmas tree near the long wooden dining table. Bar that's dressed up with an evergreen garland. String lights are tied above the table using light poles. Huge slices of wood are placed at the center of the table. Candles wrapped with burlap. They also incorporated natural ingredients for decoration...There are loaves of bread, rosemary, and an evergreen wreath in the background.

"Natural is indeed beautiful. Everything is woodsy and elegant" Maggy agrees with me, smiling "the perks of living in a place that's warm and sunny in December. We get to sit outside and enjoy the warm weather"

"Wow, this is...wow" aunt Jane joins us in the backyard, her eyes scanning the decor "who was choosing the decor this year?"

"Cassy" Paul responds and stands next to his mum with a proud smile on his face.

"If the decor looks like this, then I can't wait to see the food" Eve joins us with her parents.

Mrs. Brook is holding a boutique of green roses with a red rose in the middle, and Mr. Brook is holding a huge ass bottle of red wine.

"I love everything about this decor" Mrs. Brook places the flowers on the gift table "the decor team did an amazing job"

"Wait until you see the food," mum says and the caterers walk out carrying chafing dishes, placing them on the food table.

Just when I'm about to take a seat, I spot Blake, Jake, and Tasha.

Papa stands up, lightly tapping his fork against his glass and we all move our focus to him.

"I'm going to keep it short and straight to the point so we can all eat. I'm starving" he begins.

Eve murmurs "amen to that" and everyone chuckles.