CHAPTER 17.

As Blake pulls over his driveway, a Mercedes G-class reverses around the marble fountain.

"You guys can go inside. I'll be with you in a second" he steps out of the car, walking towards the Mercedes.

We all step out of the car and my mouth falls open as my eyes take in the huge-ass mansion "this is Blake's house?" I motion to the house.

I figured that Blake came from a wealthy family but I just didn't think it was this level of rich.

The property is near the beach, I can hear the sound of waves crashing resonating in the surrounding silence.

The house looks like it was cut out from a magazine. It's a modern geometric two-storage design with a flat roof and huge windows. One can even see the things in the house from the outside. It has a white and brown interior. Around the house is a beautiful green garden with concrete paths.

Still gazing at it in awe, the only word I'm able to utter is "wow"

"This place makes our houses look like dollhouses" Eve mumbles "how many people live here?" she questions still gawking.

"Three" Ray tells us walking to the brown metallic front door and we follow him.

Entering the house, my jaw drops. The walls are painted white and the floor is polished with beautiful white-ish concrete floors. Everything in the house is immaculate, making the house seem new. I keep my eyes on the glass crystal chandelier, mesmerized.

"Have you guys decided on what to watch?" Blake's voice registers behind me and I turn around. He's standing very close to me.

For the first time, I look between our bodies, trying to figure out our height difference.

I can tell that he's taller than Ben by a few inches. Since Ben is 6 feet tall, I'm guessing Blake is 6'3 or 6'4.

I wonder how we'd look...

A female voice causes me to withdraw my eyes from Blake'

"Blake, baby, is that you?" a woman who looks like she's in her late thirties joins us in the entryway.

She has brown hair and brown eyes like Blake. She's slender and I think she's the same height as me, 5'5. I'm guessing Blake got his height from his father.

"You have guests" she looks at Eve and me, her lips lifting upwards then moves her eyes to Ray "Raymond"

"Hey, Miss. Hand" he greets her, a smile already painting his lips.

"Mum" Blake says motioning to Eve and me "this is Cassy and Eve" he introduces us and we return her kind smile.

She looks at me, scanning me "so, this is Cassy" she stares at Blake but her eyes soon return to meet me "it's nice to finally meet you"

Wait, what?

What does she mean by it's nice to finally meet me?

Has Blake been talking about me?

If yes, why?

"We will be in the theatre room," Blake tells her already walking down the hall.

Still staring at Blake's mum, I say "nice to finally meet you too"

As we wander down the corridor, heading to the theatre room, I spot a photo of Blake and a girl I can't recognize kissing.

The first thing that comes to mind is...that's not Erica.

Questions surge into my mind.

Who is she and why does he have a photo of her in the house?

Is she special to him?